o n e

Nola Marie Santiago//18 yrs old//Main character

Next morning /11:45am

I Woke getting out of bed and going into the bathroom doing my morning hygiene. After I was finished I checked my phone to see I was about to be late for the third time this week, I hurried and got dressed quickly grabbing my belongings before leaving out my room. I made my way into the kitchen seeing my mama sitting at the kitchen table.

"Heyy you, you got in late last night." She Said sipping the coffee she held in her hand. Only if she knew the night I had I thought to myself, but I wasn't gonna Speak On it because then she'll become worried.

"Ashley got sick so I had to cover for her." I spoke to her lying about what happened, I didn't want her to worry.

"Okay well you be careful I'm headed to work, where you should be headed to your late." She Said getting up and leaving as I looked at my Apple Watch reading that I was now 20 minutes late for work, I grabbed a water and a bag of chips quickly leaving the house after I locked all doors. I began making my way to my job when I had the feeling somebody was following me, I just calmly shook the feeling off as I continued walking. I was finally almost to my job when I came across the ally way I had witnessed a man get murdered in last night, I saw the paramedics rolled the mans body inside a bag and lifted up into the truck. I couldn't take the way they handle his body so loosely which made me vomit right where I was standing.

"Hey! You can't be back here, get yo ass on." Police meech yelled at me straddling me. I rolled my eyes at him and continued making my way to my destination because I didn't have time for him games today. Y'all probably wondering who police meech is, he the worst police officer you'd ever wanna come across. Man be gang Banging , killing people and getting away with it, long story short he a dirty cop pretty much. I finally arrived to my job walking in seeing my friend Ashley.

"Heey mamiii, You looking good this morning." She said getting excited once she seen me.

"Girl I look like this everyday I have to come here, no movement today tho?" I said walking being the counter with her.

"Naah ain't nobody really been coming in like that, 12 Been In and out of here all morning." She said looking out the glass window across us. (Mind y'all they work in a tattoo shop)

"I see, where everybody else at?"

"The back, I think Ima Leave at 5 today."

"Girl ion know if ima Even Leave tonight, i watched a man get shot, then my ass got chased last night." I said kinda stress about the situation.

"Whaat? You don't need to be walking home anymore I wish I could help you out but you see I ain't got a car neither." She said writing something down.

"Maybe Get Yourself a uber." She suggested

"Maybe." I simply answered falling deep into thoughts, when I was interrupted out of them when two tall brown skin dudes that look hella familiar when they walked up to us.

"Welcome To passion tattoos, how can we assist you both today." Ashley Said smiling greeting them, while I stood there puzzled observing them cause I felt like I've seen them be before.

"You can assist me all day baby." One Of them said beginning to flirty with Ashley while other stood looking at the tattoos until he came across me, looking at me as if he knew me.

"Say, don't I know you?" He finally spoke looking at me. As soon as he spoke it all came flooding back to me and my heart began to speed up.

"I-ion think so, unless we went to school together." I spoke back kinda nervously. What he had said caught the other dudes attention causing him to look at me to.

"Naah I ain't fuck with school like dat." He said eyeing me as if he was figuring out who I was.

"Oh okay, well I can show y'all some work if tattoos are what y'all her-." I was saying before he cut me off.

"You Know What, we good we'll be back some other time, let's go slatt." He said backing up, still starring at me.

"Man I Wanted-"

"Nigga I said let's go now." He raised in his deep Louisiana voice.

"Maaaan ight, Here my number ma." He said writing down his number on a piece of paper that laid in front of Ashely on our desk, then leaving out.

"I am not calling him he look like a straight fuck boy." She said after they walked out and balling up the piece of paper

"That's them." I growing anxious After they left.

"Those are the dudes that chased you last night? Why you didn't you say anything." She stood up shocked looking at me.

"What the fuck Was I suppose to say? "Oh hey y'all the niggas that chased and tried to kill me last night how are you today" Ashley shut the fuck up." I Said growing irritated with her now.

"Ew you know what bye cause it's my lunch break and I don't have time for yo anger problems I'll be back." She Said Grabbing her purse along with the rest of her belongings and heading out leaving me alone in the waiting room.

"Guess I'm ubering home tonight." I Said lowly to myself.

Vote & Comment🤷🏽‍♀️