t e n

Nola Jr POV

I walked outside spotting yasmaine still parked in the driveway, I couldn't tell what she was doing cause of the rain that fell making it hard to see From a distance. I jogged over to the passenger seat knocking on the window getting her attention, she looked seeing it was me and rolled her eyes before unlocking the doors. I got inside the car just staring at her and old girl was right you could see pain written all over yasmaines face, I love this girl I just never really knew if she was for me.

"How far along is ya?" I asked signing and running my hand down my face.

"2 months ." She spoke softly.

"Are you mad?" She asked finally looking up at me.

"Nah ma I ain't mad, it's just why you didn't tell me sooner?"

"Cause I was to scared nova , you always make me feeling like I need to be tough, and hold shit in. Like I can't tell you nothing, you always busy and I don't be wanting to nag or bother you to much." She said as her voice began to crack.

"Baby don't cry." I said reaching over and wrapping my arms around her.

"Look don't ever feel like you can't tell me nothing no matter what I'm doing , if you feeling down or wanna talk about something tell me, I'll stop whateva I'm doing just for y'all." I said rubbing her stomach feeling her small bump.

"Don't ever leave us okay?" She said looking up at me again.

"I could neva leave you alone, that's why I'm done with the fucking around and hurting yo feelings, I'm all fa you, I love you." I said looking down at her then kissing her forehead and lips.

Nola POV

I sat in Kentrells room scrolling through the channels that was on cable, when Kentrell came walking in the room stopping in his footsteps.

"What?" I said looking at him stupidly, cause he was hustling standing there as if I did something wrong.

"Ain't there a whole ass room you can be in?" He asked continuing to walk in and into his closet.

"Like I don't like being in places I know ima be in alone for long periods of time I get lonely and sad." I said looking back at the tv.

"Well I'm finna go hop in the shower, don't start touching shit." He said walkin in the bathroom. My attention left the tv when I seen him looking in the at his eye and lip, and hissing as he touched them.

"You okay?" I said getting up and walking towards the bathroom.

"I'm straight." He said looking at me from the mirror.

"You know how to clean cuts?" He asked looking back at me, I shook my head yeah looking back at him.

"Issa a first aid kit in that hallway closet." He said pointing to the hallway. I walked and grabbed the kit making my way back into the bathroom as he sat on the toilet. I wet on of the small wipes that was inside the box and began to clean the cut under his eye and lip.

"We twins now." I spoke chuckling a little referring to my black eye.

"Man shut up, yo shit ain't like this." He said hissing after I wiped the cut under his eye.

"Y'all fight like that a lot." I asked being curious.

"Yea he like my brother we grew up together, different struggles, same pain." He looking me in my eyes. I began putting healing cream on the cut under his eye and just let the one on his lip be.

"I feel you growing up down her neva been easy ." I said lastly adding a bend aid to the cut.

"What struggles yo ass done had, or got?" He said chuckling.

"Don't laugh cause I'm serious, me and my mama been through a lot to get to where we at now I mean we ain't got much but it's better then it used to be. Some shit happened one day and next thing I knew my daddy and brother were gone and we was living bad." I said closing up the first aid kit.

"You don't remember what yo daddy and brother look like ? Or rememba they name?" He said looking at me surprised.

"Yea then but I prolla don't know what they look like now. I was so young, I didn't understand what was going on, and over the years I just forgot everything about them and my mama doesn't talk like talking about them or that situation." I spoke feeling numb about the situation cause I literally knew nothing about them all I knew was I had a brother and a daddy out here in Baton Rouge somewhere.

"That's tuff, you ain't never even thought it could be somebody walking passed you everyday?"

"No, I don't like thinking about it, it triggers me." I spoke looking down as I played with my fingers.

"Damn my pops locked up." He said starring into space.

"At least you know him." I said thinking about were they might be.

Vote&Comment🖤

Do my chapters be long enough for y'all ? Just curious

Y'all think Nova Mean what he say to yas?🥺

Y'all think nola will ever come in contact with her daddy and bother again?🤧