The Meta

"KID WHAT ARE YOU DOING COME BACK!" Death Arms shouts as Izuku runs toward the sludge villain in order to even attempt to save his best friend.

"Why am I running? What can I even do here?" Izuku asks himself as he continues to run forward. Suddenly Izuku remembers a page from his hero notebook and quickly twirls around, throwing his backpack at the villain. The content of the backpack poor out and soda can hit the villain in the eye, the only solid part of his body. Now stunned for a brief moment it releases its ooze over Bakugo's mouth allowing the young boy to breathe. Izuku then starts clawing desperately, in an attempt to get his friend out of the slime villain's grasps.

"The hell are you doing here, Deku?" Bakugo asks between heavy breathes.

"I don't know. I really don't. I know I can't do anything here, but my body just moved on its own." Izuku explains while he continues to try and free his friend. "I guess it just looked like, you needed help." Izuku states with tears freely streaming down his face.

The sludge villain now completely recovered from Izuku suddenly and surprisingly effective attack. He quickly raises his slimy hand and swings it down toward Izuku in an attempt to flatten the green-haired boy.

Izuku closes his eyes and braces for the impact but instead, he feels a gust of wind blow in front of his face. Opening his eyes he sees that he's not dead, instead, he's in the arms a man, a hero he's never seen before.

 Opening his eyes he sees that he's not dead, instead, he's in the arms a man, a hero he's never seen before

"Can't do anything?" The man asks with a snarky tone. "Kid it's because of you I now know how to take this villain down. You've done more than all the heroes here combined." The man continues as he put Izuku down. "But now leave the rest to me, I promise to get your friend out of here safe and sound." Izuku couldn't see it but he could feel that the man was smiling underneath his mask, a smile similar to All Might's. It made Izuku feel safe.

Turning around the man faces the villain but before he can do anything Izuku asks him a question. "Wait, who are you?" Izuku asks

"Me? I'm The Meta." The new hero replies as he disappears only to reappear right in front of the sludge villain with his fist reeled back. "Straight forward 22!" The meta shouts as he punches the sludge monster, only to have his fist get stuck inside the villain's liquid body.

"Really, that was your master plan?" The villain laughs

"You gotta give it a second." Meta snickers. Sludge looks at the Meta confused but sudden his inside begins to bulge and contort before bursting. With the burst of Sludge's body, Meta grabs Bakugo and throws him to Izuku who catch his friend before returning to watching this hero's battle. Izuku couldn't take his eyes off Meta's elegant movements as he easily avoided Sludge's attacks.

"Swinging wilding isn't gonna help you here chief." The Meta laughs as he jumps into the air to avoid another wild swing from Sludge. Looking up Sludge is met with the barrier of a gun.

"Thanks to that kid I know the only solid part of your body is your eye

"Thanks to that kid I know the only solid part of your body is your eye. Here's hoping the concussive round I have in knocks you out in on go." Pulling the trigger a flash of blue light erupts from the barrier of the gun before a sharp blue light fire from the barrier and strikes the villain in the eye. As the Meta lands, he looks at the villain who melts into a puddle on the ground before. "And that's that." The Meta announces as he dusts off his should before noticing the heroes about to move in on him.

"Good, night everyone." Throwing smoke pellets in each directs this prevents the heroes from giving chase to the Meta. Once the smoke clears he's gone.

After the heroes collected Sludge they scold Izuku but the wannabe hero ignored most of what they said. Once they were finished Izuku asks a question before they could leave. "Who was that man?" Izuku asks as Death Arms looks back at him and grunts.

"He calls himself the Meta, no idea why though. He's the most wanted Vigilant in Japan, myself and many other heroes have been trying to bring him in for a while now but to no avail. You see him again give the police a call." Death Arms instructs as he begins to walk away

(Izuku pov)

As I'm walking home my mind just can't get off The Meta's fight with that Sludge villain. That fight reminds me so much of the All Might video I would watch as a child. However, this time I was living it. Or maybe it's because he spoke to me like an equal instead of a helpless citizen.

"It's good to have dreams but you need to dream realistically." Those words ring through my head, bouncing off the walls but never leaving. My inspiration had essentially told me to give down on my dream. Maybe that's why I gravitated toward The Meta in such a brief moment. He said I actually did something none of the other heroes did. I gave him the information he needed to defeat the villain. I could tell from his tone, he didn't look at me as some dumb kid who blindly ran into danger, no he saw me as something more.

"Hey kid, you got a minute?" Asks a new yet seemingly familiar voice. I turn around to see a man who appears to be in his late twenties or early thirties, leaning against a building behind me.

 I turn around to see a man who appears to be in his late twenties or early thirties, leaning against a building behind me

"Um, sure," I reply wounding what he could want.

"The names August Striker and I saw what you did during that slime villain incident," August tells me which makes me look down at the ground in embarrassment. However what he says next truly surprises me. "Hey now, hold your head up high. You ran headfirst into danger in order to save someone while all the other heroes were willing to do was just stand by and wait for someone else to deal with the villain. If that's not heroic, well then I truly don't know what is."

I look up at August to see him smiling. "I see potential in you and if you'd be willing I'd love to help you act upon that potential." August goes on

"W-wait are you saying?" I ask but August replies quickly in a caring tone.

"Yeah, I can see you being a great hero," August says while offering a helping hand to me. "So what do ya say?"

I can feel tears flow down my face as I fall to my knees. I couldn't hold in my emotions. This man, someone who had only met me once before had just said what I've always wanted someone to say me.

(Third person pov)

As Izuku cries in his knees August looks down a bit concerned. "Ok, I wasn't expecting the waterworks."