Chapter 23

After the events of Shane and Irina's date, Shane was taken to the underworld to begin his training. Shane's day went from the best ever to very confusing.

After he had arrived, he was transported to a battle arena, but wasn't able to find SirZechs.

"This doesn't look like the battle arena we fought against Riser" Shane spoke to his symbiote.

"That is correct" SirZechs replied while appearing. Shane and Venom were surprised to see the great Devil King dressed in battle attire.

"He must mean business if he is not in his usual get up" Venom commented

"I see, something feels odd about this place though" Shane answered him. "I take it that you mean serious business when you said we were going to train together"

Lucifer only laughed, "well we don't have much time. The gathering is in a day, and I need to get you to handle your new powers. You cant always rely on that pendant."

"Hes got a point. I cant even help you access those powers with that pendant on. Unfortunately with Riot fused within us as well, I am not able to help you tame these powers. Akenos lighting and Riots abilities are the most I can handle"

"Great, but you said you were figuring out this power?"

"I can figure them out, but only you can use it. This all on you buddy"

"Dont worry, you'll soon be able to harness the power with no problem. I think you'll catch on quickly. Now, you need to remove that pendant." Lucifer commanded.

"Alright" Shane replied while undoing the latch. As soon as the pendant came off, a wave of energy was released. The power within it made SirZechs skid back a few feet.

"Astonishing I must say, with that symbiote inside of you, it has altered the powers to an extreme level." he commented.

Shane was a little worried, but Venom told him to remain calm. However, SirZechs snapped his finger and Shane felt his magical power being slowly drained.

"What is this?" Shane questioned

"I have altered this arena in order to drain all magic power that is used. Since you have no control of activating or deactivating your powers, the more power you use, the more energy is consumed."

"Well talking about a deadline. You better start thinking this through buddy, I'm trying to help out but I simply cannot. If I do so, I will lose control of Riot and we would be in big trouble."

"Right," Shane started while breathing a little heavier. He was feeling all of his energy being drained. If he didnt do something he was bound to pass out. "Gotta figure out something to control this" he muttered.

"When I asked you on how it feels, you couldn't give me an answer," Lucifer started, "basically, you have to let the magical energy flow within you. You being amazed by this sudden power is fighting against it. Let it flow within you, feel it within your entire body"

Shane nodded in agreement, "alright, just relax." He took a deep breath and relaxed his whole body. He then began to feel all the magic flow within it.

"Wow," he commented. The sensation was like no other, but time was ticking and his body was giving up quicker than he wanted.

"Just relax" he whispered with the little strength that he had. He was only imagining on how much destruction this amount of magic can cause, but he also was thinking about how he can use it to protect the ones he cares for.