Chapter 37

Shane was walking home this evening, admiring the weather. The sky had a red/orange tint to it. The temperature was indicating that summer was almost over and the beginningof fall was near.

"Peaceful weather tonight" Shane spoke to himself, it's been a long time since he has felt at peace. A lot of things happened recently and his mind was all over the place. He put that aside and decided to just enjoy the moment.

"Wonder how she is doing" Shane thought, it was quite sometime since he saw his love, with her not being a devil and she didnt use a cellphone, he had no way to contact her.

"Might as well check in on Bruce and Ravel" he thought while forming a magic communication circle.

"Queen Ravel and Rook Bruce, come in"

Nothing,

"Uh hello?" He asked. Still no answer, "that's strange, I'll just try again later"

As he was walking, he could feel familiar people, but not pinpoint exactly who it was. He was near Issei's house, so he paid no attention to it.

After a while, he finally made it to the road to lead to his house, but something seemed very odd about it. A few of the street lights were dimmed out and he could feel familiar presences around him.

"Alright, whatever trick you're playing guys, it can stop now" Shane spoke outloud. Nobody replied, but three figures appeared in the street.

"Kiba, Xenovia, and Rossweisse" Shane stated while finally knowing the presences. "What are you three doing here? Xen and Rossweisse, arent you supposed to be at Issei's?"

"You have no right to talk" Kiba replied threateningly. Shane raised an eyebrow to that, this hostility was not like him.

"And why so? Prince Charming" Shane smirked. Instead, Kiba quickly tried to attack, but Shane blocked it with a blade.

"What's gotten into you?" Shane asked pushing him back. Suddenly, multiple people started to appear all around him.

Rias, Akeno, Gasper, Koneko, Issei, SirZechs, Grayfia, Serafall, Sona, Tsubaki, Saji, Lord Michael, Azazel all surrounded him. None had a pleasant look on their faces.

"What's going on?" Shane asked again. Nobody spoke, but three more people appeared. These three are the ones Shane knew the best. He turned around to look at them. Bruce his trusted Rook, Ravel his irreplaceable Queen, and his love of his life, Irina Shido. All of them had one look on their faces, hatred.

Shane started to get slightly nervous, never would he thought he'd end up in a spot like this.

"Anyone wanna tell me what's going on?" Shane asked annoyed, nobody was speaking to him and it was very frustrating.

"We figured out our fate with you leading us" Issei spat in disgust while Ddraig formed balance breaker.

"And the only way to prevent it from happening is killing you" Venom spoke from his girlfriend. Shane looked at everyone like they've lost their minds.

"And you're not taking a more logical reason to prevent this?" Shane asked in annoyance. Yes he was kinda scared that everyone had surrounded him, but heartbreaking that his own friends are turning against him. Even the one thing that was there from the beginning, Venom.

"There were multiple scenarios shown to us" Michael started,

"Only one showed us our survival" Azazel continued,