New Beginnings Are Never Easy

Hey guys!! If you don't know, this is the third installment of my series!! The first is Vampire Diaries: Concrete Decision!!

Recap

-I'm a hybrid

-Klaus has successfully broken his curse

-Damon was bitten by a werewolf

-To save Damon's life I made a deal with Klaus

-I now have to find a way to successfully turn werewolves into hybrids with Klaus

Now

Two Months Later

"Your phone keeps making that dreaded noise," Klaus says walking into my room.

"That dreaded noise is called a ringtone," I tell him. We are in Memphis, Tennessee. I had insisted on stopping at a motel. In the end, we ended up stopping and getting a conjoined room.

"Well whatever it is, make it stop," Klaus whines as he hands me my phone. I look at the caller ID and flinch. It's Damon. Hitting the decline button, I set my phone to silent. "Who was it," Klaus asks, sitting on my bed.

I sigh, "no one."

"I know you better than that," Klaus says, "It was Damon, wasn't it?"

I turn to him and nod, "yeah, it was."

"I thought you told Stefan to tell him not to look for you," Klaus asks.

"I did," I tell him, "but Damon's stubborn. He won't stop until I answer."

"So the next time he calls, answer it and tell him to stop calling you," Klaus says, "it's that easy."

"Have you ever been in love," I ask him.

Klaus takes my meaning, "touché. I just don't want you having second thoughts."

I scuff, "even if I was having second thoughts, it would be pointless."

"That you are right," Klaus says, getting up off the bed. He walks over to the door that connects our rooms. "Good night Cordelia," he says.

"Good night Klaus," I tell him. He shuts the door and I'm left alone with my thoughts. I've avoided Damon's calls every day since I left Mystic Falls. It's not that I didn't want to talk to him; I just hadn't come to terms with the fact that he kissed Elena. I wanted to believe Elena when she told me that he had been hallucinating, but truth be told, I think he was looking for a reason to kiss her. Stefan calls me every once in a while; I never answer, but I do listen to his voicemails. He keeps me updated on what's been happening back in Mystic Falls. I know he knows I listened to them because otherwise, I wouldn't be dodging Damon's calls. Carol Lockwood found out about Tyler the same time Liz Forbes found out about Caroline. According to Stefan, they're not doing so well considering the fact that they are both involved with the town's council. The town's council was created to rid Mystic Falls of any vampires, or anything supernatural period. Elena and the crew are starting to jump back into the regular rhythm of school. While they were at school, Klaus and I have been hunting a werewolf pack. The pack never seems to stay in one place for more than two weeks. By the time we get a lead, the pack moves on to a new location. When we get a new lead, it's usually from a dying victim or victims. We've left a trail of bodies, of which someone has been covering up. I've guessed that it's Stefan, but I don't know. No one in Mystic Falls has heard from me since I left and that wasn't going to change for a while. Whether I wanted to admit it or not, Klaus and I have bonded during these past two months. We're more alike than we realize and it's showing in how we work together. I trust him just as much as he trusts me. Most people would think that I was crazy to think that Klaus could actually be a good person, but I do. I think it changed him when he learned that he wasn't as alone in the world like he had previously thought. As much as I hate to admit it, Klaus has become one of my closest friends. That being said in my mind, I pick up my phone and dial Stefan's number. It rings once before he answers it.