The Dead Rise

Klaus, Damon, Stefan, and Elijah went out by the boundary to wait until Bonnie lifted the spell. Caroline and Tyler were in the gym while Jeremy and Matt went ahead to the Salvatore crypt. According to Klaus, that was the spot where he ripped Esther's heart out. The violence of her death marked that spot for all time, making it a hotspot for witches. I'm standing in Alaric's classroom with Bonnie, waiting for her to lift the spell. She's been chanting for twenty minutes now and the clock's ticking. Finally, Bonnie stops chanting and looks up at me.

"It's done," she says, "The boundary spell is lifted."

"We should tell them," I say to her.

She shakes her head, "we should wait until I do the blocking spell."

"But that will waste time," I protest.

"Esther's channeling her power from you," Bonnie states, "when Jeremy and Matt get there, they'll be facing you in Esther's body."

I sigh, "Fine, let's get this over with then." Bonnie sighs and starts to chant again. I watch her in suspense, wondering when Esther's going to channel me. Ten minutes into the spell, I start to feel the same tingling sensation. I cough up so much blood it's already formed a puddle on the ground. "Bonnie, hurry," I hiss. Bonnie gulps before she continues with the spell. More blood flows up my throat and I spit it onto the ground. Suddenly, it all stops. I take a breath before I look up at Bonnie.

She meets my eyes and sighs, "The blocking spell is up. Esther's not fighting me anymore either. You're gonna be ok."

I wipe the blood off my face and smile, "thank you Bonnie for everything."

She smiles, "go, I'll clean this up and meet you guys there." I give her one last smile before I walk out of the classroom and run down the hall. The school has pretty much cleared out which the exception of a few vampires. I find my way to the front doors and burst through them. As I walk down the red carpet, I see the four vampires turn to me.

"The boundary spell's broken," I say to them when I reach them, "we can leave now."

"And the blocking spell," Elijah asks.

I smile, "done; Bonnie said Esther wasn't fighting her anymore. Now we can all go together."

"What about Bonnie," Stefan asks.

"She said she'd stay behind and clean up," I say slowly.

"'Clean up'," Damon asks, "what does she need to clean up?"

"Cordelia had another episode," Klaus says blatantly, "if you actually paid attention you can smell her blood on her."

"How do you even determine the difference between her blood and someone else's," Damon asks.

"Her's is sweeter," Elijah answers, "like her blood's laced with honey."

I scuff, "nice to know my blood smells like honey. Can we leave now?"

"After you," Klaus says to me. I walk towards the salt boundary and step over it. Elijah and Klaus follow me and soon, we're running through the woods towards the Salvatore crypt. When we get there, we find Alaric, Elena, Matt, and Jeremy outside the crypt. On the ground at their feet is Esther's body. "Is that our mother," Klaus asks them.

Alaric nods, "she's dead."

"What happened," I ask. I watch as Elena looks to Alaric before looking back to us.

"Esther tried to turn Alaric into a weapon," Elena says, "she failed." It's funny that I know Elena's lying. I can sense the blood rushing through Alaric's veins, vampire blood. He's in transition, but I don't say anything. If Esther Turned Alaric into a vampire, there was a reason and I would find out.