The Decades Dance

The rest of the day wasn't eventless like I had hoped for. I had another 'episode', as Klaus calls it, around noon, except this time it was worse. Elijah had found me gagging up almost a gallon of blood in my bathroom. It stopped after half an hour, twice the amount of time than the first time. Klaus and Rebekah weren't at the house when we got home and I haven't seen them since. However, I did steal a 1920s dress out of Rebekah's room since I had nothing to wear to the dance. The dress was a red flapper dress with a matching feather headpiece. It's nearing 7:00 which means that the dance will be starting soon. I had done my hair two hours before wanting to be ready when it was time to go. I slip on my black pumps and grab my black peacoat and walk out of my room. I close the door behind me and walk down the steps. At the bottom, I see Elijah standing there, waiting for me. He's wearing a grey suit with a black tie. He smiles when I meet his eyes.

"Ms. Mikaelson," he says, "would you grant me the pleasure of your accompaniment as my date to this ridiculous high school dance?"

I laugh and sigh, "The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Mikaelson." He's still smiling as I take his arm and walk out of the mansion. We get into Elijah's black Mercedes-Benz and set off to the high school. "Do you think Klaus will still come tonight," I ask Elijah.

He sighs, "Niklaus may be stubborn, but he would never dare to let his little sister down."

"Where is Rebekah," I ask.

"She went off to the school this morning to help set up," Elijah answers, "she told Niklaus that she would meet us there." We remain in silence until we arrive at the school. It's 7:15 when we walk through the front doors of Mystic Falls High School. Elijah and I walk, arms linked, through the crowd and follow the sound of music. When we walk into the gym, we find that it is filled with students. I can see Tyler, Caroline, and Matt over by the punch bowl. Bonnie, Jeremy, Stefan, and Elena are dancing in the crowd. Damon, Rebekah, and Klaus are nowhere to be seen. Elijah takes my hand and drags me into the crowd as far away from Elena as possible. I gasp as he dips me down and spins me in a circle.

"Elijah," I say surprised, "I thought you were daggered in the 1920s."

He smiles, "I may have been daggered, but if there is something I know how to do right, its dance." We spin again and continue to dance to the song. Elijah and I walk towards the punch bowl after the song ends where Caroline and Tyler meet us.

"What are you doing here," Caroline asks us.

"Rebekah invited us," I answer, "she thought it would be fun."

"Did she invite you here so you could kill us all," Caroline asks.

"My fight is not with you Caroline," I say, "I would never mean for you to come to harm. It's Elena that I want dead."

"And that is exactly why we are on opposite sides," Caroline says, "why can't you just accept the fact that Damon chose Elena?"

"It's not even about Damon anymore," I hiss, "Elena's blood is the only thing that Klaus and I can use to make more hybrids. We need that blood if we are to make more hybrids."

"Why so you can sire them like you did me," Tyler asks me.

I sigh, "I never wanted to sire you Tyler. Please understand that."

"Oh I understand that while I was gone, you switched sides," Tyler says, "you're the enemy now Cecily. That's what you need to understand." We all glare at each other in silence for seconds before someone else distracts us.

"Am I interrupting something," Klaus asks. We all turn around to face him. He's wearing a white suit with a white vest and blue tie.

"Niklaus," Elijah says, speaking for the first time, "Cordelia and I were starting to wonder whether or not you were coming."