Chapter 9

Hallow's POV

"There we go. Hmm 20 minutes then it'll be perfect." I smile at the meat in the oven. For it took a bit of effort to tenderize it. Even having to cut up all the veggies to give it flavor. I decide to check the time. The clock showed 6:50. I silently curse at myself for not being ready yet. "Seems to be getting close to time." I sigh. Taking myself quickly up the stairs to get ready.

The usual routine of showering. Along with the other hygiene requirements. With only my boxers I go to my closet. Grabbing a short sleeve (f/c) button up shirt. After buttoning it I then go to my dresser to get dark blue jeans. Then a pair of socks from the drawer underneath the pants drawer. Finally finishing getting dress I then fix my hair to a tamed yet wild style. For I like how my (h/c) hair this way.

I head back down stairs to smell the food cooking quiet nicely. Turning off the oven. I decide to leave it in there to stay warm til we come back. Before I head out the door I set up the table. Grabbing my black coat. "Tonight will be good." One step out I feel cold air on my neck making me flinch.

"I'm forgetting my scarf..." I turn inside quickly.

Jack's POV

I wait by sitting next to the statue. Dangling my feet of the edge of its base. Looking at my clothes if it appeared appropriate.

"Ok Jack it's just eating out. Like friends... Ugh." Hopelessly knowing I am aware of my own feelings. This was a time I can show him. I'm interested. Yet are spirits allowed to date? They have to be allowed. We are aware of our duty.

"Why is this so hard?" I groan.

"What's so hard~"An unexpected reply.

"Oh you nasty spirit." I glance up to see Hallow flying above me. "I mean as in waiting here. What took you so long?" I give a bratty look.

"...Jack.... it's exactly 7:30. Did you get here early. Just for me? Oh now I see. You were anxious to hangout with me." He smiles greatly causing his eyes to squint. I couldn't help but give one in return.

"Oh whatever. Let's get going." I grab my staff that was leaning by my side. Then swiftly flip over him and start toward the woods.

"Jack I was meaning to ask. Where is your realm?" He catches up and flys on my right side.

"Good question. Ask the man on the moon. I've been hoping I would get one... but I guess I'm not good enough." I look up and stare at the bright sphere in the sky. Blowing hair out of my face with frustration.

"Hey. You're so worthy. Don't be like that." He gives a gentle yet stern tone. "His just busy making it right. Making it perfect for a perfect spirit." I hold my breath and look down. This guy is flirting and I don't really know how to handle this.

"Sure. Though back to you how did you get yours?"

"Well it was a life or death scenario. Not a nice topic to talk about. But when it happened it was like a grand gift. I always loved the woods" He beams with pride about his home.

"That sounds great. Oh I hope it's near you." I let that slip.

"Oh really?" I feel his stare but I keep looking straight forward.

"..Yeah. Then we can hang out more." I mentally yell at myself for sounding so clingy.

"I'd love that."

(M/N)'s POV

We are now at my house. I'm in my kitchen getting the food.

"What did you make?" Jack tries to sneak in and steal some before it's on the table.

"Nope. Go sit down." I nudge him for my hands were full.

"Fine." He whined.

After eating and small talk. I then take him outside. Once we're outside I extend my hand towards him.

"Do you trust me?" I spoke.

"Random question. Why do you ask?" He gives me a look of confusion.

"Let's rephrase. May you trust me?" I make myself more clear. He stares at me intrigued on what I'm up too.

"Yes." He finally grabs my hand and I pull him in. Hugging him into my torso then I push my wings down. Causing us to shoot up in the air. I fly til we reach the clouds.

"Now why are we here?" Jack asks in utter curiosity. I hold him tightly around the waist so he won't fall. He didn't bring his staff.

"For this." I concentrate around me. Closing my eyes to get a better sense of my energy. I feel the air grow a tad warmer. Opening my eyes once again. Only to see a shocked Jack Frost. All around us were small fireflies circling around slowly acting as small lights. He's looking at them with such interest he's not paying attention to me. This a opportunity.  I kiss him on the cheek getting his attention very quickly.

"Now what was that." He gives a snarky smirk and tilts his head in subtle confidence. Though it didn't do much justice for his pale face was now pink. Then he stared into my eyes. Most likely because my eyes give a golden glow. It happens when my energy is being used in a precise way.

"It was to show I'm fond of you." I smile.

"Uh well. That's pretty bold way of showing me." He looks around and try's to gather up his thoughts. I stay silent and wait for him to act. Getting a tad impatient I ask.

"May I kiss you?" This flicks a switch of panic.

"What?!" His face shows it all. The embarrassment, shock, and even some excitement.

"I'm asking to see if you're alright with that. You're so adorable. It is a mystery how I even had the strength to ask." I genuinely am nervous on how he feels about this. Is this going to far.

"Hm you are taking a leap of chance right now. Buddy." I feel my face grow warm.

"That's true." I reply with a hushed voice. He then grabs my face and stares at me with mischief.

"I say yes." Then with a sudden jolt I kiss him. Tightening my grip around him. The kiss was small and soft. Pulling away I smile on how much easier it really was.

"Thank you."

"Okay Mr. Romance. Let's get back. I feel a little too helpless with out my staff." I begin to fly down back to the house.

"Oh really now. I thought Jack was a Big Tough Guardian?" I tease him with my baby talking voice.

"Oh you'll regret that."

"Will I." I hold him into my chest and then kiss him on the neck. He just laughs at my actions.

"I'm not a fricken teddy bear I swear." He laughs.

"Jack you are and you know it." A huff was his reply. "Hey your my friend with benefits now right?" I give him a side glance walking back to the house. Clearly, I'm teasing him.

"Oh no. I'm more then just a thot." He looks up glaring.

"Oooookay. A boyfriend does that sound better?" I sigh in fake disappointment.

"Yes. Do you ever stop teasing?"

"Nope." Only to have a soft yet hard punch in the shoulder.