Chapter 17

Jack's POV

"He'll be fine."

"But it's been days!"

"His resting. Please calm down Hallow."

'Who's speaking? And Hallow's here??' I pull my brows together from the hushed sounds around me. I muster the strength to lift my eyelids to see the commotion. Only to regret it from the bright lights.

"Geez..." I quietly groan and sit up slowly.

"Jack! You're awake." I feel warm arms wrap around my body suddenly. Warm arms that I wanted so bad while I was chained away.

"I'll tell the others."  The Tooth Fairy chirps quickly with a fluttering sound of their wings.

"Please give us a good 10 minutes." A request from the touch deprived hugger.

"Oh of course but be easy. He just woke up..." Her request was cut short with a hushed gasp.

"I'm not asking again." A slightly threatening reply. That's new.

After sometime adjusting to the light and my shore leg being bandaged. I release (M/N) from the embrace.

"So how's my ex doing?" I sigh.

"What! Jack what... oh. Yeah the letter." He sighs from regret. "It was a lie to get a signal in where you were. It wasn't true. I adore you." He rubs the side of my face. With a soft warm hand.

"Still it hurt to read (M/N). I felt horrible." I genuinely still felt hurt. How could he even be able to write that message.

"Jack I missed you. I was so worried. We had to do whatever we could to get you out of that hole." He rests his forehead against mine. I finally look up to lock eye contact. I was avoiding the gaze this whole conversation. Scared that his eyes may have shown a falsehood in his statements. Only to be taken back. I ease away slowly with my eyebrows knitted together.

"Your eyes." I whispered.

"Oh. They're something that maybe permanent. It's an after affect from my ... it's hard to explain but I'll tell you soon enough." He states quickly and shakes his head to try and rid of a thought.

Then he quickly changed the subject to my current health. I responded with 'I'm fine just sore'. And he continues to lay me back down and holds my hand.

I still needed to get use to his vibrant yellow eyes. They're unsettling. I preferred his warm and welcoming (E/C) eyes from before. They were more comforting.

<<

>>

<<

I got updated on what happened. Pitch is never coming back and that's an issue we don't ever have to face again. It's just that I have a scar on my leg to remember it.

They even gathered the last of the black sand and reverted it back to the golden color it once was.

It's been 3 weeks. Since then, I was finally able to go back as the Guardian of Fun. Only if it was 'fun'. (M/N) seemed more moody and didn't ease up. He had something up his ass. I just couldn't understand what.

"Hey want to fly around before I leave for the Nordic Countries?" I smile while grabbing my staff by the entrance.

"No. It'll only be you gliding anyway. Not much flying." He sighs and walks to the kitchen.

"Wow. He never passed up a flight. And ouch." I whisper. I would have taken it as a joke. But, his expression and tone had a smudge of annoyance. Weird to hear no trace of sarcasm.

<

>

<

"Hallow whatever happened to the sweets?"

"They got annoying to make."

"Funny to hear from my Sweet Tooth~"

"Yeah. Could you just call me (M/N)."

Now that struck me as weird. He always called me 'snowflake'. I had an awe struck expression when I realized. He hasn't called me that since my time in recovery.

<

>

<

"Would you stop being so touchy." He brushed me aside on the couch. That when I knew it was time to get serious. He trusted me from the time we met. Even when I saw his scars on his back.

"What's up with you (M/N)?" I tried to calm my irritation. I didn't want to escalate the tension.

"What do you mean? You're being clingy like a kid." He sighs with a frown.

"I don't believe that." I shot back.

"Yes you are." He glances at me. I shoot him a slight frown with as much genuine worry I could muster.

"I just leaned on your shoulder. Other than that. Name another time I made any physical contact with you." I crossed my arms to square up my stance to show some dominance.

"I- well.. I don't need this right now." He goes to stand but with a single hand. I gently rest it onto his shoulder. Stopping everything around me and him.

"I want you to be who I fell for." I firmly announced. "I love you and this isn't going to go down. I won't let it." With a deep kiss following right behind.

He stiffened from the action and then eventually drifted into the affection. His eyes flickered back and forth with whispering flashes. Harsh vibrant suns to kind pools of (E/C). Only for the original winning the war that bubbled in the man for far too long.

(M/N) wrapped an arm around my waist. A firm hold to my face but just enough to show his needing for me. I gave him all of me. No need for dominance. I let myself absorb into his hold. Letting my eyelids shut completely.

I knew the worst within him has happened. He didn't want me to know. If I want his sincerity. I have to show him I can be trusted. These affectionate movements speak louder than any word that can spur out of my mouth.

If I learned anything.

I knew this.

(M/N) and I were not going down to any painfully petty behaviors.