Chapter 12

Warning ⚠️
- Foul Language
-homophobia from character

(M/N)'s POV

Me and Jack are flying through the air. I watched Jack make some snow days for the kids. Now we are flying to the North Pole.

"Jack what do you do at the workshop?" He turns toward me in the air giving me his full attention.

"Well. I usually help out with what he needs-..." I cut him off.

"Oh~ like play with the toys?" I teased him. Knowing very well his the guardian of fun~.

"Ha ha. Very funny. But seriously why did you insist on coming with me today?" Earlier he was leaving to do his winter duties but he disappears for days. Sometimes it becomes a couple of weeks. We don't age for we're stuck on the age we passed. But, it doesn't stop me from feeling like I am.

"You leave for long periods of time. I start to miss you." A hurt tone slips out of my throat.
Feeling a slight frown form I look towards Jack to show I'm genuine.

"Oh (M/N). I'll make sure to give you more attention and affection. It just takes a lot to go all the way back to the Willow Forest. I'll make sure to come back today. And I'll make sure to ask North about lending me a teleporting snow globe." He holds onto my arm. Gliding through the air in ease. Giving a small peck on the lips. Erasing my pouty face.

"You better." I playfully warn.

"Oh this man is needy." He laughs. Which I laughed too knowing it's true.

>>

<<

>>

"All Done." I wipe my face with my shirt to dry the sweat. I was told to move crates of toy race cars.

Taking the opportunity to take a breather. The elves gave me a water bottle. Catching one of them eyeing me up and down. Who knew there were elves with specific preferences. I laughed to myself.

"There you are!" North's voice shakes my core.

"Hey! You spooked me. That's my job North." He laughs at my reply.

"Oh I just wanted to talk to you about Jack." He grows more serious in speech.

"Oh.. Did he break something?"

"No. Just wanted to ask you to do me a favor." He pats my shoulder.

"I'll do anything you ask me to do North." I nod to show my loyalty to him. But, I grew suspicious of the serious atmosphere.

"Can you watch over him in these times."

"These times? I don't follow." My nerves increase in worry. North sighs with a slanted smile.

"It's the anniversary of his passing. When Jack died." He breaks the news to me. This only made me want to bolt and find Jack. I wanted to hug him and never let go. It's never easy for any spirit to know the day they died. Being all by themselves didn't help either.

"Thank you for telling me. And of course. But may I ask, why did you ask me specifically to watch over him?"

"Oh ho. I know how close you two are. It's not obvious but it is apparent. I know you very well to see you care for him." I wasn't caught off guard but it was impressive. North does have a genius mind.

"Well on my very being I swear to watch out for Jack. I promise." He holds on to my shoulder as if I was gifted a blessing. North gave me a jolly smile a proud father would give to their son.