Chapter 15

(M/N)'s POV

"Sorry it took so long snowflake." I whispered. Smooth enough so he couldn't register the strain in my back. Burning from severe force and speed.

>>

<<

>>

"Tell me what to do!!! North.. I-...I want to keep that promise. It'll become a broken one if I don't do anything." As I desperately ask questions on what to do next. I hold onto my scarf with such grip. It causes my knuckles to go white.

I pace back and forth in North's main office. I know that Pitch doesn't want the others in on the situation. But, I'm not playing fair with a man who is known to cheat and lie.

"We must save Jack. That's what we must do. You know this of course." North stands from his large wooden chair. Stern eyes that encourage me to stand still and face him.

"Yes! I know." I stare straight at him. We share an intense stare of undeniable guilt but fixated anger. "That is the answer obviously. Just how will we do it?"

"One by one I'll inform the others to restrict suspicion. You must use your core power to find Jack. So we can smother that Pitch for good. The same one you sealed that very day." He whispers low to where I could hardly hear him but I catch every word.

"You know about that?" I go wide eyed.

"Father Time has sent me some advice for the future a while back. And....the time you broke away from Pitch." He sits to ease the tension. I then grab a nearby stool and slowly I sit down. Along with me dropping my gaze toward the floor.

"I know Father Time is very good at what he does. But, is it really safe for me to do it." I hold my hands together and bounce my leg. Looking up slightly to show my uncertainty.

"You know Pitch doesn't stand a chance against the one who in charge of stripping fear. Then the power to have courage bloom in it's place." North holds up his tattooed arm labeled with the word 'Naughty'. Symbolic for our pay back for Pitch's evil actions.

"Let's do it. Jack can't be there for another moment." I hold my hand out for him to shake. He gladly returns my gesture with a strong hold.

>>

<<

>>

"The letter is sent." I sigh heavily. I know damn well he will have Jack read it.

"We know you don't mean it mate." Bunnymund pats my shoulder. Giving a slight nod.

"It's time Hallow." Tooth whispers. I nod again and take a deep breath.

"Let's do it." I pace toward the forest to the center. The others don't follow. My only request. For I don't want them to see the process.

I make it to an opening close to my home. A dark place that brought my mortal demise. I close my eyes and begin to think what I'm doing. Why am I here? Who is it I'm fighting? How will using this taboo power be excused? For Jack? Of course.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" I feel my body burn.

The groaning of willow trees creaking. A shadow engulfing my body. Wrapping and whipping around. My scarf flies away from the fierce force of wind caused by the shadows. My neck exposed with my the old scars I collected.

I stand using the very fear Pitch knows to well. All collected from the children I helped. Fear doesn't vanish but is stored away. I hide it away. Cause such fear can change and evolve into meaning. That is how I create confidence.

But now.... I'm taking fear from trama. Very potent and lethal to a child's imagination. Doing such a process I see stories flicker through my head. On how children were wronged by a harsh world.

"I WILL NEVER HURT THE CHILDREN!!! THE POOR, INNOCENT OR WEAK!!! I WON'T ABUSE THIS FEAR!!" I scream to myself. To desperately ease my anger and control this unstable energy. I can't have it go out of control on the day I broke from Pitch. As hard and heart wrenching it is to see the stories. Of why such trauma was caused to a child. I mustn't let it go unstable.

"I don't want another bloodshed." Saying these words the energy eases to a peaceful breeze. The burning flips in to a calm and powerful feeling. My senses are hypersensitive. I open my eyes. There seems to be a yellow hue visible in where ever I look. Then a hushed voice enters my ears.

"It can't be."

I hear him. He read the letter. Jack I know where you are. Your stay is over.