Your Eyes

It was a chilly November day, leaves drifting in the wind, and it was most definitely sweater weather. Yato and Yukine were both hanging out at Hiyori's place. While Yukine was flipping through a magazine Yato was cheerfully eating some cookies that Hiyori had just made.

"Hey Yato." Yukine said. 

"Mmfh?" Yato replied with a mouth full of cookies.

"What are we doing here anyways?"

Yato swallowed, " I thought I told you, Hiyori texted me saying that we should come over because she has something important to tell us."

"Oh, where is Hiyori anyways?"

"She said that she had to use the toilet, but she's been in there for a while now."

Hiyori was in the bathroom.

"How do I tell them?" Hiyori thought to her self.

"I mean, it's not something to be ashamed of."

"Plus it's better to tell them now then to tell them later."

Hiyori gathered up all of her confidence and left the bathroom. She found Yato and Yukine both laying on the floor in the living room.

"They both look so cute just laying there." She thought.

"Especially Yato...NO, I must not think that way of my own friend!" She thought to herself again.

"Oh Hiyori, Your back! What were you doing in there, I would probably guess- BOYS!"

Yato was cut off by hiyori's frightening interruption.

Hiyori sighed in embarassment.

"I have something to tell both of you."

Yato and Yukine both sat up and stared at Hiyori .

"I've been thinking about what I'm going to do after next year and how it will effect us."

Yukine put on a questioning look.

Hiyori sighed once more.

"I'm going to college."

"What?!?" The two boys shouted.

"You know what, maybe we should talk about this later."

Hiyori gave a small but nervous grin and grabbed the T.V. remote as she sat down on the couch near the boys.

They both looked at Hiyori for a while, they shook there heads as they sat down next to her.

Many thoughts went through Yato's head but he decided to push them away and just forget about it.

"Well then, let's watch some television shall we?"

The two boys nodded in agree and joined Hiyori.

They all watched sitcoms for a couple of hours, they laughed once in a while too, so it wasn't awkward at all.

After an hour or so Yato looked over his right shoulder only to see Yukine sleeping on it.

"GAHH!!!" Yato screamed as he pushed Yukine off his shoulder. Yukine fell down to the couch.

Hiyori chuckled.

"What?" Yato asked

"Nothing!" Hiyori responded with a wide grin.

Hiyori looked at the clock above her.

"Looks like it's getting late." Hiyori yawned

The girl stood up from the couch and stretched her arms out.

"So, it's true? Your really leaving to college after next year?" Yato asked.

"Well of course b..but it's nothing to worry about! That's in a year, plus I don't know what I was thinking inviting you guys here...tonight."

"I guess I was just getting a bit lonely."

Hiyori sat back down on the couch next to yato.

The two sat there in awkward silence.

Many thoughts went through both of their minds.

Yato sighed and suddenly he thought of something to say. But he didn't know if he should say it. He thought it might be embarrassing. But without noticing it all just spilled out.

"Hiyori, from now on I will make sure that we spend more time together from here on till next year before you leave to collage."

Hiyori looked up at Yato with cheeks red as tomatoes and, her eyes...

It was then that Yato realized how beautiful hiyori's eyes were.

"Your Eyes." Yato whispered.

"What?!?" Hiyori siad as she turned a darker red.

"N...NOTHING!!!" He yelled.

At Yato's sudden outburst Yukine woke up.

"What the hell is going on?!?" Yukine whined.

"NOTHING!!!" The two yelled in embarrassment.

As Yato and Yukine walked home from Hiyori's house Yato thought...

"Her eyes..."

"What was it about her eyes?"

"I mean I have always seen her eyes but just then it was different."

"It was like, her eyes were different when we were just alone and no distractions."

The younger boy looked up at the older one.

"What the heck were you guys talking about in there anyways."Yukine asked.

"Wha! N..Nothing!"

"Plus it's none of your business." The god replied.

The younger boy looked down at the ground and mumbled.

"I can only imagine the things you were you were talking about."

"WHY YOU LITTLE-YOU PERV!"

The two boys then walked the rest of the way home arguing and what not.

Hiyori sat on the couch for an hour or so just thinking about what just happend. She knew that it wasn't anything major but that was the closest they have ever been.

Hiyori blushed furiously.

"No he's my friend, thinking like this is no good."

The girl stood up and marched in to bed.

While Hiyori was half asleep only one thought popped up in her innocent mind.

"Your eyes."