Chapter 6

i wake up to the sound of heaving.

alert, i throw the covers off the bed and rush to the bathroom.

i'm momentarily blinded by the light but i could care less about that now.

one of the members is sick.

i was prepared to see the worse, but i couldn't handle what i saw once i entered the bathroom.

"yewonnie?" i could feel tears brimming in my eyes, threatening to spill at any given minute.

i kneel down to her level, and brushed a fringe away from her forehead, she looks like death right now...

i glance down at the blood and petals in the toilet bowl, and i could feel my heart leap to my throat, "when did this start...?"

yewon sobbed to my chest, "i'm sorry unnie, really."

i shush her and run a hand through her hair, "it's okay, yewonnie. i just hoped you told us sooner." i press a kiss to her forehead. "why didn't you tell any of us?"

sobs racked her body again, and i could feel my heart breaking, "i didn't want to be a burden, unnie..."

this time, the tears really did fall. "yewon, this isn't a burden! you—you could die, umji!"

yewon pulled away and smiled at me sadly, "i've accepted my fate a long time ago, unnie..."

i slap her arm, "stop saying that! maybe—there's a way. i know, yewon."

she sighs shakily and smiles at me sadly, "there might not be—anyway, can i bunk with you—"

"you don't have to say anything else, yewon." i smile sadly at her and help her up.

seeing yewon like this...

it's like déjà vu.

especially since seokmin was in her position a few months ago.

"i will wait."