Chapter 16

"i'm really sorry, yuna..." seokmin starts, pulling away so that he could wipe away the tears from my face. "if i hadn't startled you...this wouldn't have happened."

"seokmin..." i murmur sadly, burying my face into the crook of his neck. "it's not your fault, you hear me? yes, you did startle me, but you also saved me. that's enough sorry as it is."

"but..." i put a finger to his lips to shush him. "but, nothing seokmin."

"i've hurt you too much, yuna." he says, kissing the crown of my head. "but...nothing changed. you're still the same girl that i've met at sopa years ago."

we pulled away, and looked at each other in the eyes. seokmin seemed to contemplate about something.

i waited.

he seemed to reach a decision.

he took a deep breath, as if preparing himself for something really dangerous.

"choi yuna, also known as yuju...do you know why i came up here?" i shook my head as an answer. he smiled, "months ago...i had the hanahaki disease."

memories flashed to my head.

the way seokmin seemed to avoid me.

the way he spent too much time at the comfort room.

the way my members tell me to confess to seokmin.

he continued, "i took the surgery...and you know what?"

i stay silent.

"it did take off the feelings." ouch. is this goodbye?

hearing him say this things...i wished he just left me to die.

"but when i laid my eyes on you again...the feelings came back." i felt confused...why would the feelings come back?

"and that's when i realized that i really do love you, choi yuna." he smiled at me, before leaning down.

our lips touched, and we both melted to the kiss.

i smiled,

after a few years... we're finally back together.

"even when we’re trapped in time and get lost,
we will eventually meet."