Chapter 13

"sinb—"

"why are you here?"

"i could ask the same about you." i retorted swung my feet, seeming unfazed at the business of the city beneath me. "what are you doing here?"

sinb sighs. she seemed to contemplate about something for a bit, and sat down on the rails beside me.

"i couldn't sleep." she relents, closing her eyes and inhaling the city air. "i've been thinking about the problems that we've been facing recently—sowon-unnie's scandal, yerin-unnie's individual problem, eunha-unnie locking herself up...and now you."

her last words confused me for a bit, "what about me?"

"don't lie—i know you're struggling—especially with this collaboration."

i put my head in my hands, careful not to make myself fall, "yeah, okay—i've been struggling a bit these days."

sinb snorts, and i don't say anything.

"let me guess....a man under the name of lee seokmin?"

i nodded, "eversince he took the surgery...i felt a bit guilty—i made him suffer, sinb. he believed that it was one-sided when it was not." tears brimmed in my eyes and i struggle to keep them at bay, "it was too late before i realized...i felt like an idiot, sinb."

sinb hummed thoughtfully and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, "see those cars below? that's a lot." she paused, pursing her lips, "it's like you and seokmin—you two are chasing each other, but you end up pushing each other away."

sinb's words struck me.

it's not seokmin's fault why we're like this...

it's the both of us.

we never get close.

"we aren't closing in,
that one tiny bit."