Chapter 9

Jonah

Looking at the clock on my phone, I let out an exhausted yawn, before turning off the television and standing up. It had been five days, exactly, since the last time that I went down to see Jordan. Zach went down earlier, a few hours roughly, to give her the change of clothes that was meant to be given to her. I had every intention of doing it myself, but like always, these past five days, I was trying to avoid seeing her. I'm already haunted by her face; I don't need to physically see it too.

Shoving my notebook into the small drawer, under the coffee table, I let another yawn escape, before walking over and turning the light off. Deciding to go down and check on her, I headed towards the stairs for the basement.

Opening the door, I for some reason felt inclined to knock first, before I entered the room. Seeing the clothes still on the end of the bed, I spotted Jordan laying on the ground. Somehow, I knew something wasn't right, but something fired up either way.

"Get the fuck up! When someone gives you something, like clean fucking clothes, you should accept them with gratitude, rather than laying on the fucking ground!" Having received no response for a short moment, I tried again to gain her attention. Kicking her slightly, I still received no notice. Getting down, on my knees, I rested my hand on her shoulder and shook her gently.

"Jordan! Wake up! Jordan?!" I didn't know how long she had been on the ground for, but her breathing was faint, her skin cold.

"Jack! Daniel! Corbyn! Zach!" I called out for them, as loud as I could, but none of them came down. My only other option was Becca, but I knew she was busy, so I picked Jordan up and carried her over to the bed, laying her down as gently as I could, trying once again to wake her up. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. All that I could think about was how different this would be if it was someone else, other than Jordan. I didn't wish for this to happen to anyone else because I had a grudge against them or anything, it's just that I knew she would know what to do.

""Jack! Daniel! Corbyn! Zach!" My voice raising a few decibels, more than I thought possible, as I attempted to get someone's attention again. Glancing at the stairs, my hand remaining on her wrist to feel her pulse, I looked back down at Jordan. Her skin was only growing colder as time passed.

Sighing in defeat, I lifted her up off the bed, and headed towards the stairs, taking one step at a time. Rushing my slow pace, I realised that my breath had been hitched in my chest. Making my way back into the room that I had previously been in, I laid her down in front of the fireplace, and lit the fire, laying a blanket over the top of her, in an attempt to warm her up. Once I was hopeful about her warmth, I left the room to try and find someone to help me.

Jordan

My head was pounding, when I realised that I was laying in front of a fire place. Taking a moment to realise where I was, I soaked in my surroundings, the otherwise cool, dark room, illuminated by the warmth of the fire place. Sitting up, the room seemed as if it had started spinning around me again, but I knew I couldn't allow myself to fall back into an unconscious slumber.

Blinking harshly, a few times, I stood up and started to make my way over to something, anything, that I could use as a support. Getting only two steps from where I had been laying, my knees buckled, going painfully weak, as my legs collapsed beneath me.

Hearing a sudden sound from the entrance of the room, my head shot up to see the familiar tall silhouette, illuminated by the same fire that was illuminating the rest of the room.

"I'm sorry, Jonah. I don't know how... I don't know how I got up here." My words fumbling out of my lips as the room spun faster. My eyes playing with me, causing the room to seem like I had vertigo playing against me, I genuinely thought that I was hallucinating. Waking from my dazed state, I realised I wasn't hallucinating when Jonah rested his hand on my shoulder.