Chapter 11

Jonah

When I took Jordan to the bathroom to get changed, I made her keep the door open slightly. Don't get me wrong, things had definitely changed between us since the kiss last night, but I couldn't treat her like she was totally free, because she wasn't. I knew I had to keep my eyes on the hallway, but that proved harder than initial thoughts would say.

Looking at the reflection in the mirror, I saw her cheeks blush as she noticed me, trying her hardest to hide behind the door properly. I quickly glanced away, my eyes raking up the wall, back to the mirror, once more. I knew I had to look away, but my eyes refused. Biting my bottom lip, I watched as she removed the black hoodie and tracksuit pants. Her body was perfect in every way. The way her panties clung to her hips, the way her waist synched in ever-so-slightly. Perfect.

Swallowing a lump in my throat, I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding, finally being able to take control and turn away. When she finally walked out, her pink cheeks still evident as mine started to mimic hers.

***

I allowed Jordan to speak to her father for a short while, during the meeting, and I did feel bad for her, after hearing how he acted. All that Tyson Whittle wanted to do was blame Jordan for what we did. Jordan and I have both mentioned about how he doesn't actually care about her, but I never thought that I would actually witness him like that.

Finally getting back to the house, I took Jordan back downstairs. I didn't want to, but the others would pick up on it, so I did. Working on some stuff in my room, Corbyn came barging in.

"Dude? Do you know where some scissors are? You forgot to untie her hands and now she's down there making a ruckus." I pointed out some scissors to him, watching as he sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Don't let her escape." My words echoing down the hallway, following behind him as he took off. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind if she got out, as long as she didn't run, but the others would beg to differ.

***

Jordan

I had been down here for around a week now, the conditions were much better than before, but I still didn't understand my isolation. Having to go to the bathroom really badly, I started hitting the door, praying that someone would notice. Thankfully, after a few long moments, Daniel was opening the door and asking what the hell I wanted. Telling him that I need to go, he grabbed my arm and forced me up the stairs.

"Where the fuck are you taking her?!" His cold voice startling me. Turning around, I spotted Jonah standing behind us, his face seemingly proving a direct polar opposite to the tone of his voice.

"Bathroom." Daniel seemed to just brush off Jonah's tone, his one-word reply replacing Jonah's question, lingering solely in the air for a while.

"I'll take her." Jonah grabbed my arm, not bothering to give Daniel the chance to protest. "You're not going to be escaping Jordan. There's men outside, surrounding the perimeter, waiting for anyone who isn't meant to be in the yard." His voice going low as he spoke into my ear.

"Jonah. I'm not trying to escape. I actually need the bathroom." My words leaving my mouth exasperatedly, as I rolled my eyes at him.

"What did you and your dad talk about?" His question being plucked from thin air as he let go of my arm, leaning his on the doorframe to the bathroom, a single eyebrow raising on his face.

"What? Nothing? It was... it was just personal stuff." I quickly closed the door, forcing him to move his arm. I couldn't tell him what my dad had said. Could I? Taking my time, not wanting to go back down to the basement, I finally walked back out.