Out of this world

She stood looking around, trying to process anything.

She was there.

She stood in it.

After months and months of reading about this place, she'd finally set foot in it.

She wondered how she wound up where she did; it was a room significantly similar to the room she'd seen in the book, but no one seemed to be living in it. Or at least, not anymore.

Going back into the closet, she knocked onto the wall and putting her ear against it to determine if she could hear her own setting beyond the wall.

Nothing. Nothing but pure silence and the sound of the subordinates talking and walking outside on the hallway across.

"How the hell..." she mumbled to herself, remembering that when she talked to Levi, he spoke of a key that allowed him to cross through.

She immediately took out her keys from her bag, jingling, being held together by a ring. She rummaged through them, looking at which key was which. She never really took a good look at them which was why she always had to try more than once to unlock her door.

On one key, she saw that it was a plain silver key- the silver slightly getting worn out by the constant use. The second key was similar to the first, just as worn out. Her third and fourth key were just there for the sake of her ever visiting her parent's house, but looked to be used to a great extent as well. The last key on the ring looked identical to the rest; she figured it was the key that took her there, considering the fact that it had hardly been used and was slightly newer than the rest.

She slipped her keys back into her bag and walked out of the closet.

On the bed, there was a Scouting Legion uniform carefully laid out- from the boots, to the 3DMG harness, to the cape.

It was as if someone had anticipated her arrival and prepared these clothes so she would blend in when she did arrive.

Hange probably left the keys on purpose so I could come here and settle things with Levi. she thought.

On top of the uniform was a piece of paper with a note on it that read "Instructions."

She carefully read through it and learned what she had to do.

She quickly put on the uniform and struggled with the harness and left her clothing on the bed. The note stated that the room was completely off limits and was used for her stay.

When she finished, she headed for the door and sighed, stopping infront of it, to think of the dangers she was about to face.

"Here we go," she turned the cold door handle and opened the door to the many soldiers walking around.

She proceeded to walk right where many soldiers were headed, assuming it was the way down.

Everything was distracting to her, seeing her fiction become a living reality felt surreal.

"Watch where you're going!" a voice shouted at her. Unaware of the moving crowd, she bumped into someone infront of her.

The taller figure turned around- he had blonde hair on the top and a slightly darker shade on the bottom. It reminded her of a mushroom.

"Oh, sorry." she looked up at him. It's Jean. she thought, regonizing his face.

He blushed, he'd never seen her before, her hair, her face, and her voice was all new to him.

"It's alright," he looked away in attempt to keep his cool. "How come I don't recognize you? Your face isn't familiar at all." he added.

She knew she had to make a quick lie that wouldn't make her seem conspicuous. The lie couldn't be associated with Levi since they weren't exactly in good terms, meaning she had to choose a different option. "I was just chosen to be under the command of Hange." was what she could make up. Solid lie, (y/n) she mentally patted herself on the back.