Foreshadow

She laid in her bed, forcing herself to fall asleep. She felt homesick.

But she couldn't think about leaving without notice since she had no choice to leave. She sighed deeply before forcing herself into a light slumber. 

She woke up with a knock on her door, "Wake up, it's time for breakfast." the voice muffled on the other side of the door. "Goodmorning," Levi peeked in from the door.

"Goodmorning," she smiled. 

"Get ready. I'm gonna train you." he said, closing the door immediately after. She was excited to be trained, escpecially by Levi, just in case the situation called for it.

She groaned as she got up from her bed, feeling exhausted from her lack of sleep the previous night. There was another knock, "Get ready." 

"I'm up, I'm up." she called out. "Geez, Levi." 

"Levi?" She stumbled to get to the door.

"Shit," she cursed under her breath as she opened the door. "Oh, Jean! Hey!" she waved her hand. 

"Did you just say Captain Levi's name?" he scratched his head.

"What? No, I said... Cheese... pie." she cracked a smile. "In what context would I ever say Levi?" she forced a laugh, realizing that no one in the right mind would say what she just said in any context. He raised a brow at her.

"Well, breakfast is ready." he replied. "I'll wait for you out here." he pointed behind him.

"Yeah," she exhaled. "I'll.. be back." she shut the door and got ready for the day.

She earned a look from Levi as she walked into the mess hall with Jean, scurrying through the tables and getting to where she usually sat after getting her food. Levi's eyebrows twitched in jealousy. She gave him a subtle smile, reassuring him. She looked away before anyone can notice.

---

"I'm sure you know where you can cut the titans so they have no chance of regenerating, am I right?" Levi stated as they walked into the training grounds. 

"Yeah, in the nape of the neck, right?" she answered, feeling confident about her extenisve knowledge about the titans- at least to the extent that Isayama allows her to know in the mean time.

"Good. How about the manuever gear?" he continued to test her.

"Well, from what I saw illustrated in your books, theres a grapple hook launched by those pistol looking things, and gas to help you launch yourself with the help of the fan or... something." she scratched her head. "Oh and right, the straps and the blades too." 

"... I meant actually operating them- physically, with your body." he turned to look at her and saw her face turn pale. Her physical abilities would then be tested today.

She shook her head, "No."

"I'll be the one to teach you how. But in combat, I'll have that kid that tails around you to train you. I'll teach you a few moves myself. Just... don't let-"

"Don't let him get too close to me, got it Levi." she smiled, reaching for his hand but stopping midway as she realized that there were people around. 

"Here, put this on," he tossed a belt her way. 

She hooked herself onto the training harnesses and waited for him to raise her. 

"Levi," she called to him as she balanced on the harnesses, "I was thinking that maybe you can come back to my setting before the expedition." she asked quietly. "Along with Hange."