Please Explain

She ran off to the bus stop after grabbing her coat, feeling the cold air hit her burning face.

The trip to the hospital felt like it had taken years, making her anxiety and anticipation rise to an immense rate. She uncontrollably shook her leg, getting ready to run for the door as soon as she arrived to her stop. People looked at her, for she had tears running down her cheeks and her impatience created tension among everyone.

She ran out, nearly tripping on other passengers, and earning a few curses towards her.

"Levi, Levi Ackerman, please," she pushed her hair out of her face, not feeling the exhaustion of running to the hospital.

"One moment, please." the woman at the front desk replied, smiling unusually at her. She watched her fingers tap the keyboard, unsure of whether she was actually pushing them or just tapping them.

After seconds have passed, the woman who had been smiling now frowned and looked at her.

"I'm sorry he isn't here." she smiled after responding, looking back into her screen and tapping the keyboard infront of her.

"No, you're lying. He has to be here, he just died a few days ago." she blurted softly, unaware of how strange her statement must have been.

"I'm sorry ma'am but he hasn't arrived yet." the lady maintained her smile, accepting her statement completely."You're the entrance for what book?"

"What do you mean? When is he coming back?" she raised her voice. People looked at her and some shook their heads.

"Shhh!" a woman replied from the side, waiting.

"Ma'am, he will arrive in a few days, weeks even. It depends on how badly his injuries were when he died. If it was a natural death, it should take a few days, if it was a tragic accident, then I do believe that it will take a little longer because of all the injuries that have to be healed. What entrance are you?" the lady asked again.

"What...?"

"What book is your character from?" the lady asked, still surprisingly patient.

"Uhh," her mind blanked out for a moment, "Attack on titan."

She watched as the happy expression disappeared from the lady. "Oh."

The name obviously has a reputation for horrible deaths.

"What do you mean entrance?"

"Well," the lady took her hands off the keyboard and set them on her table, "You were assigned an entrance from the moment you read your book. As surprising as it might be, you are the only one who knows about this book because we can only assign one entrance. But you aren't supposed to know just for the sake of keeping everything under control, people go crazy with fictional characters, you know. Only the characters from within the book can open the entrance when they discover it, but other than that, the entrance remains closed." she grinned. "Once they pass away in the book, they appear here where we can assign them new lives." she smiled and picked up the phone that had been ringing for ages.

She looked around, all the people waiting might have been waiting for their characters to arrive.

She hit the desk with her fist, "Thanks."

Utter confusion and an overwhelming sensation took over her. It was too much to understand.

She walked back home slowly- refusing to take the bus- trying to stall herself from getting home and crying on her couch again.
"I'm sorry ma'am but he hasn't arrived yet." the words continued to ring in her head.