thursday 9:16, eliott

i strut passed the gates into the courtyard that day, with a big smile on my face. i nodded a greeting smile to everyone i passed, making sure everyone knows that i'm just fine.

i guess there was sort of a confident swagger to my step, because chris and william's eyes widened as they saw me approach.

"hey there, hotshot." chris teased in a sort of shocked tone.
"eliott! oh my fucking god," william pulled me into a hug. "where have you been???"

"didn't do my biology project," i winked and grinned. "had to get that done."

"so...you dropped off the grid?" now chris was insulted.
i nodded innocently.

"i sure hope that biology project you did was the one you had to do with lucas." william sighed in a warning tone.

i narrowed my head, "lallement?"

was lucas my partner for something? how would they know?

chris nodded his head in a gesture for me to turn around.
when i did, i was greeted with a very aggravated, spiky-haired, short boy marching up to me.

i forgot how perfect he is.
wait, no i didn't. i just missed it. and seeing him made my heart go fucking crazy and i wasn't sure i wanted to feel like that again. i didn't want him to break my heart again.
but i couldn't move.

also, why was he mad? he was the one not answering my calls?

"lu-" i began but he grabbed my arm and dragged me inside the building before i could get a word out.

i soon found myself in the same empty classroom we were in just a week before.

he stood in front of me, arms crossed and eyes glaring.

"where the hell have you been?" he finally huffed out.
his crystal blue eyes glared at me, but i stared softly into them.
they're so beautiful.

i sighed, "i...had a biology project i needed to get done."

"bullshit!" lucas spat at me.

i put my hands up in defense, "why are you so mad? you don't even care!"

he narrowed his eyes at me, g l a r i n g.
oh god, i'm in trouble now.

"don't care??? eliott are you fucking insane?? of course i care!! i care so much i don't know what to do with myself!! i cant function anymore when the only thing on my brain is you! and you fucking stupid lucille when you told me you would break up with her!" he snapped at me.

my brain turned to fuzz.
what's he on about? when did i fuck lucille? is this why he's been avoiding me?

"wait," i tried to slow him down. "w-when did i fuck lucille?"

he sighed and look down, gulping.
he brushed his hand against his arm.

"the party...on friday," he mumbled. "i was there. i saw you guys go into the bedroom."

oh.
OHH, that's what he saw! thank fucking god.

"oh my god, lucas!" i rolled my eyes and threw my head back, sighing, almost wanting to laugh. "you-you think we were having sex? oh lucas."

"well, i mean, what would you think, jackass?" he defended.

i sighed, and smiled softly at him, looking back into his eyes.

i sat on the desk, pulling him closer to me and gently reaching out to interlock his fingers with mine, "lucas. i brought her into the empty, quiet bedroom to break up with her."

a mix of emotions flashed upon his face. it went from anger, to shock, to realization, to guilt.

"oh shit." he mumbled.

i tightened my grasp on his fingers, smiling to let him know i didn't blame him for the misunderstanding.

"i'm sorry." he looked down.

i let my hand go and reached out to hold his chin up, looking into his eyes again so he knows i'm telling the truth.

"lucas, i don't care. i just missed you."

he smiled back, before throwing his arms around my neck and throwing himself in to kiss me.

my hands traveled down his back, gripping him and pulling him into the gap between me legs.

his lips parted and i felt his tongue intrude into my mouth.
well, not intrude. it was welcome.
after all, i returned the favor.

his hands traveled up to my hair and grasped it, setting it out into all different directions.

i laughed at the irony of the situation. i can't believe a misunderstanding kept me away from the most beautiful boy on the planet.

my counterpart.

he let out a little laugh too, as he understood. then he slowly pulled away, leaning his forehead against mine.

"i missed you, too." he whispered.

i closed the gap between our lips just for a quick peck, smiling back into it.

he released the grasp from my hair, letting his hands travel down my shoulders and all the way down my arms.

unfortunately, he was pressing. and he pressed into my left wrist.

i hissed, quickly pulling it back, "ow!"

he cocked his head and reached for my left wrist, "what's wrong?"

i put it back into my lap, holding it with my right wrist.
"nothing." i just beamed at him.

"eli-" he began but i cut him off.

"c'mon," i kissed him one last time before slinging my bag over my shoulder and opening the classroom door. "classes are starting."

i winked at his bewildered face and slipped out.