friday 14:56, lucas

i admit, maybe that was shitty of me. i promised yann i'd be his wingman tonight like a week ago...but at this time me and eliott weren't talking to each other.

  we were going on our first legit date tonight, and i couldn't blow him off for yann.

  i also couldn't tell yann about what i was really doing tonight, so i ended up improvising.

"dude," yann pressed his hands together and began to actually beg. "you promised."

"i-" i sighed. "i know, yann. i'm really sorry, but you can just take basile, right? i'm sure he'd be up to it."

i can't describe the expression on yann's face when i said this. it was a sort of shocked-and-disgusted-are-you-mental-? look.

"i don't need to answer why i'm not taking basile with me..." he shook his head and shivered. "why can't you come? you're my best friend and number one wingman always."

he gave my the look.
fuck, i've never been able to resist the look.

i was about to give in, but then the familiar three tall boys walked by behind yann. as always, they strutted like they owned the place, seeming to be in slow motion with wind blowing.
they held their heads high, giving no mind to no one.

until my absolute favorite turned his head to me, looked me up and down, and then winked.
he gave me HIS look.

i swear to god my knees buckled and they almost gave out. it took everything in me not to collapse right there and then as if i'd just been shot. i could FEEL the heart eyes i was giving him, dazed as he turned his head back forward and kept walking...

"what?" yann brought me back. he was looking around to follow my gaze. "what are you looking at?"

oh shut. caught red handed.

"oh, uh-" i stuttered. "just the stupid penetrators being pretentious and douchey."

yann raised an eyebrow, and looked me up and down. but not in the way eliott did. more in the way yann did, judging and trying to figure me out.

i rolled my eyes and showed him my middle finger.

he gasped and clasped his heart as though he'd been shot, "uh, what was that for?"

i scoffed and rolled my eyes, "go with arthur."

he threw his head back in frustration and moaned very very loudly.
"i don't wanna go with arthur!" he complained, stomping his foot like an actual five year old. "i wanna go with lucas!!"

"that didn't help your case." i ~maturely~ shook my head.

he crossed his arms.
i glared at him.
he glared at me.
we glared at each other.

finally, i broke the gaze and pushed passed him, "see you later, big boy!"

"bitch!" he called after me.

i ignored him, and instead thought about eliott's wink to me.

i was walking on sunshine into my last class of the day.