Chapter 3 // Dinner

Lunch was finally over, Kara needed to get back to Catco. Even though Kara would have loved to fly Lena insisted that Kara called her driver, yes they both have drivers now. And made sure she went to Catco by car. So Kara slowly makes her way downstairs where she gets bombarded by reports and paparazzi again. She walks over to the now waiting car and steps inside. She quickly texts Lena a message that she is inside the car and with that they drive of. Lena said something about a home cooked dinner when Kara gets home.

Kara finally arrives at Catco. Making her way up with her private elevator. Yes, her private elevator. She is the boss now, right? So she can do this. She is allowed to do this. She will do this... or won't. Maybe not. Hopefully they will leave her in peace. No Snapper and stuff like that. Because she clearly can't handle Snapper yet.

When she arrives upstairs Eve practically runs towards her and tells her about her schedule. She tells something about two meetings but Kara can't follow more. She just walks further to her office and groans when she sits down. She rests her elbows on the desk in front of her and takes her head in her hands. 

The doors close in front of her, probably because Eve did it and with that she looks up again and opens her computer. She needs to know what is happening. What changed. The first thing that comes in her mind is James. So she quickly searches 'Jimmy Olsen'. She gasps when she sees the first hit. 'Jimmy Olsen sentenced to fifteen years in prison for vigilantism.' That wasn't something she expected. No, no. Not at all. 

So James is in jail... because Lena didn't help him. He had nobody to protect him... he might have been a dick towards Lena. But he doesn't deserve this... This is a bit too much. Way too much even. Luckily it's still only fifteen years and not five life sentences. But still, it's just. Wow... That's much.

Kara sighs and looks down. So she fudged up James' life. What did she do to the rest... She quickly searches 'Samantha Arias'. She smiles brightly when she sees a picture of Alex and Sam 'LCorp CFO Samantha Arias' new love.' The next photo is of Alex, Sam and Ruby together, eating ice cream in National City, not Metropolis... so they stayed here? Good. 

Kara knows she won't find anything about Winn online. But she won't expect him to have stayed. So to set things straight she writes in her notepad.

'-Brainy probably here
-Engaged to Lena
-Lives together with Lena
-Alex is with Sam
-Ruby and Sam never left
-James in prison
-J'onn?
-Eliza probably nothing.'

And with that she quickly reads it again and again. Trying to clear things up. But nothing works. She just... can't normally think about James. He got hurt because of her decision. What is she going to do about it... is she going to help? No, no she can't. She can't change anything about it. Not now, not tomorrow. 

Suddenly her phone rings, she knows the ringtone so immediately answers with "Kara Danvers." "Hey Kara, it's Alex. Is tomorrow still on?" Kara thinks for a second, what would possibly be tomorrow? She just can't think of anything so asks "What is on?" "Game night of course! Sam, Ruby, Lena, Brainy, you and me." Kara thinks about the best reaction and comes up with "I don't know yet Alex, I have to talk to Lena about it. So you will hear more later tonight." 

"Sure, see you later!" Kara chuckles and says "Goodbye!" And with that their call ends. Kara sighs, is she ready for game night? Not really, but that's better than absolutely not. So she needs to live with it. And with that there was a knock on the door, Eve came in saying that she needs to go to a marketing meeting. She sighs and makes her way to the meeting.

---------------------

The meeting was an absolute hell. It couldn't go worse. It wasn't that they were disrespectful it's just... focusing through a meeting like that is... hard. She did it. And she also did it with the next meeting but that feeling of guilt, because of James, is a bit unbearable. But she will forget about it. Soon. Not today. But soon it will probably feel a bit less. 

Suddenly she gets a text from her driver saying that he is downstairs. She looks at the time: 6pm. She looks up from her laptop and sees that she office is almost empty... perks of being a CEO. She sighs, and gathers her stuff.

She slowly makes her way downstairs where again many reporters are waiting for her. Again, security is there to help her to the car. Which goes without a problem. The ride home, or wherever home is, is quite uneventful. They arrive in front of a tall building. The door gets opened for Kara so she steps out onto the street. She quickly makes her way into the building. Where she gets greeted and she walks over to what looks like a special elevator. It scans her hand and with that the doors open.

She quickly steps inside and pushes the penthouse button, the other one is the ground floor. When the doors open she makes her way to a front door. She quickly knocks, not wanting to grab her keys from her bag. Lena quickly opens the door with this robe on... Kara's jaw slowly falls down. Lena quickly pulls her in. And takes Kara's coat and shoes. She slowly takes Kara to a dining table with quite some food. As you can probably have guessed it. Their dinner wasn't eventful... but dessert. Lena... had some great ideas. Very... naked ideas. 

That night, when Lena slept in her arms Kara for the first time didn't feel guilty. No she felt whole, content. Having Lena as her partner, girlfriend, fiancee is good. She just doesn't get why James didn't appreciate it. Because having Lena love you and being able to love her is just... worth everything.