Chapter 8 // The Future - Epilogue

Kara slowly opens her eyes, the rays of sunshine smiling upon her. She hugs the person beside her closer. Earning a happy sigh from that person. She slowly opens one eye, looking at Lena's back. Lena, her wife. The door suddenly opens, a person yells "Mommies!" Their son, Liam makes his way onto the bed and jumps on it. Lena groans and Kara quickly pulls him down. Earning a giggle from Liam. With her raspy voice she says "Morning Liam." She places him between Lena and her.

Liam just kisses his mother on the cheek and turns towards Lena to do the same, Lena still being half asleep mumbles something and turns towards Kara and Liam. Kara just chuckles, Lena is not a morning person. Liam suddenly squirms away stating that he needs to go to the toilet. Kara gets out of bed making her way over to their walk in closet. She gets out of her PJ's and looks at herself in the mirror. She ghosts over the scar on her chest. Just a bit above her lung. 

Suddenly Lena is behind her, hugging her from behind. She simply states "I still think that scar is hot." 

Kara chuckles, she got the scar a couple years ago. Because of a bullet... James' bullet. James... the guy she once saw as a friend shot her. She almost died. Almost. But she lived. She took the hit for Lena. She lived for Lena. 

"Yes, yes. I know you do. We both know my opinion on the matter." Lena turns Kara around and pulls her into a kiss. 

"How matter how many times I have to say it. You are perfect. Every single part of you is." Kara just nods and captures Lena's lips with her own. 

Years ago she made the decision to choose Lena. To choose love. That decision came with a cost. James. James got crazy, got locked up, broke free and then hurt Lena's assistant and Kara. He almost killed Jess and Kara. Luckily for both of them Alex was warned. 

James got forty years added to his sentence. He won't be getting free anytime soon. And that doesn't matter to Kara. He hurt her. He almost killed her. He did the unforgivable deed. He betrayed her. 

But she doesn't need to worry about him anymore. Now she just worries about her family: Liam and Lena.