The Sylph Girl and Mysterious Spriggan

Opening my eyes after logging in, I looked up to see my Undyne guards sitting before a dying fire.

"Did you two get enough to eat?"

They turned their heads to face me. "Sure thing, Ambassador."

I rolled my eyes and stood up. "For the last fucking time, it's Eagle. Now let's get flying, the meeting place is still a ways off."

Nodding, my guards summoned their wings and my Navigation Pixie, Cookie (who is secretly an MHCP from my time in SAO), poked her head out of my pocket. "I'm detecting player signatures directly in front of us, Daddy."

I rubbed her on her head and looked back at my guards. "You heard her. Let's check it out."

One of my guards (her name's Stream) facepalmed and shook her head back and forth. "You really shouldn't check out everything we come across, sir. We'll be put behind schedule."

Rolling my eyes, I took off and made my way towards the players, Cookie keeping me updated on their statuses as we flew.

"Daddy, I'm detecting only four players before us now. Wait, what?"

"What is it Cookie?"

"Why am I sensing Uncle Kirito?"

I shrugged. "You probably just miss him."

"You're right, that's probably it."

Seeing three Salamanders standing before a Sylph girl who looked ready to fight to the death, I stopped mid-air and thought of what I should do.

Well, she IS cute, so maybe I can get on her friends list if I save her. Yeah, let's do that.

Slamming into the ground in a spectacular landing, I stood up with two mid-level blades in my hands, a little skill I picked up in SAO. Holy Blades, similar to Kirito's Dual Blades but with more tanking/defense skills than offense.

"Three fully armored Salamanders are needed to take down one Sylph girl with no metal armor on? That's, like... "

Someone slammed into the ground next to us, cutting me off. "Ow. I've got flying down, it's just landing that I need to work on now." It was a Spriggan who had a one-handed sword on his back.

During the commotion, my guards landed gracefully behind me, wary of the Salamanders and Sylph, but not the Spriggan. Giving the Spriggan one good look, I resumed what I was saying.

"Eh-hem. As I was saying, three Salamanders to take down one Sylph girl is, like... so uncool."

The Spriggan looked at me and pointed at the two Salamanders who were on the ground. "May I-?"

"Go right ahead, Spriggan. Also, guys? Stop pointing your weapons at the girl. We're trying to save her, not threaten her." I then moved close to them as the Spriggan one-shotted the two Salamanders with starting equipment. "Also, don't mention that I'm an ambassador or that you're my guards. Understood?"

"Yes, sir."

Spotting one man flying away, I raised my hand and spoke. "Ek verpa einn brandr muspilli, kalla bresta bani, steypa lundr drótt."

The fireball made contact with my target and he died in a blaze of glory. Smirking, I lowered my hand and sarcastically bowed to the Sylph girl.

"You are welcome for our glorious intervention."

"Huh?!"

I laughed and stood normally. "I'm just toying with you. But still, your welcome."

"Oh, th-thanks. So, uh, what are all four of you doing here?"

"Me and my friends here," I pointed at the Undynes, "were headed for a neutral mining town some distance in the mountains. But that's just one stop. How 'bout you, Spriggan? What brings you out here?" I turned to look at the mysterious Spriggan, who I felt I've met before.

"I, uh, got lost."

Those around me began to laugh but I crossed my arms, eyes narrowed. "Bull you'd be able to make it out of our territory with starter gear. What's the real story?"

He looked around and sighed. "I think my location data got corrupted or my data could have mixed with that of someone diving near me."

I smirked. "Thought so. Well, noob, looks like you'll be sticking with us. Let's go, guys." I summoned my wings and the Spriggan gawked at me. Noticing this, I tilted my head. "What's wrong?"

"How can you fly without a controller?" He summoned the Flight Controller into his hand for emphasis.

Just as I was about to open my mouth, the Sylph girl cut me off. "I'll teach you. Turn around."

"Uh, okay."

As he turned around, I saw a Navigation Pixie fly out of his pocket and looking at it closer, I saw the face of a young girl. Smiling, I watched as he flapped his wings really hard and while he was unaware of me, I kicked him in the back as the girl shoved him, causing the poor soul to be set rocketing off, giving us all a good laugh, even the Pixies.

"Gwaaaah! O-okay! I think I've got the hang of flying without a controller!"

We flew up to him and together, we started off for Sylvallie, at my insistence. What? I like Sylph food. Looking to my left and right, I saw the girl and the guy right by my side. Smirking, I took a deep breath.

"Catch me if you can, suckas!"

Taking off at my max speed, I looked back to see the girl and guy were managing to keep up with me while my Undyne guards were slowly left behind. Laughing with joy that someone was able to keep up with me at my top speed, I focused on the growing town before us. Putting away my wings, I let my speed carry me through the town and towards the ground. Once some distance from the tower, I looked back at the Spriggan noob.

"Hey! Dude! You know how to land?"

His face was filled with worry. I took a quick look at the tower.

"Too late. Good luck!"

I stopped a couple of feet in front of the tower and let myself fall to the ground, taking zero fall damage thanks to the boots I got from a raid I soloed. It startled those around me, but when I looked up into the sky, they followed my gaze and watched as Kirito (I had just looked at his name in my party list) slammed face first into the tower, then slowly peeled off the tower and fell down to earth, both times taking a small amount of his HP away.

I began to laugh, as did my guards and Leafa (I figured out her name at the same time I did Kirito's) and once we were done, Leafa apologized.

"I'm sorry. Here, I'll-."

Stream cut her off. "Let me heal him. I am an Undyne after all."

After chanting a short healing spell, we all turned to look at a Sylph that was running up to Leafa.

"Leafa! Leafa!"

"Huh? Recon?" She turned to face her apparent friend.

"Leafa! I was so wor- wait, what are Spriggans and Undynes doing here?!" He grabbed the hilt of his dagger.

Leafa stepped between us. "Calm down, Recon. These guys saved me from those Salamanders that were chasing us. I'm just repaying them the favor."

Recon relaxed a bit. "Oh, okay. Well, Sigurd and the others are waiting for you at the tavern, Leafa."

She rubbed the back of her neck. "Sorry, but I've offered these guys a meal. See ya."

"W-wait, what?"

She left Recon where he stood and dragged Kirito and me along.

"Uh, um. Wh-why are you dragging me?"

"Just come on."

I looked at my guards as they gave me a smirk. Wonderful. Just wonderful.