The Son Of A So-Called God

"Wh-where are we?" Kirito and I looked around.

"We don't know. There's no mapping data." Cookie and Yui seemed ashamed.

I patted them on their heads. "Ow."

"Don't worry about that. Can you pinpoint Asuna?"

"Yes." Yui closed her eyes for a spell before snapping them open and running off.

We chased after her and after a bit of running, we were out on a branch of the World Tree. Looking up, I saw no city.

"Oooooh, busted!"

"Eagle." Kirito was standing before me, weapon at the ready.

"Right. Asuna first." I hope you've dug up some evidence, Mom.

The two of us players noticed Asuna's giant bird cage and as such, we grabbed our respective daughter's wrists and started running. Eventually, Cookie couldn't keep up, so I picked her up in my arms and upped the pace.

We're coming, Asuna!

Stopping before the cage door, our footsteps drew the attention of Asuna, who turned just in time to see Yui destroy the door.

"Yui...?"

"Mommy!" She dove to hug her.

"Yui!" Asuna caught her and the two had a heartwarming reunion.

Slowly, Kirito walked up and hugged Asuna. "Asuna..."

"Kirito..."

Cookie wanted to take part in the hugging, but I held her back. "Let them enjoy each others warmth, okay?"

"Okay, Daddy. I-. I'm so happy!"

I chuckled. "So am I."

Tuning in on their conversation, Asuna was saying something. "- saw one in the-."

Kirito cut her off as a strange sound filled our ears. Suddenly, dark energy started coursing through Cookie and Yui.

"Yui!"

"Cookie!"

Our MHPCs strained to talk. "Be... careful! Something... bad's coming!"

Then they vanished, however, in the top right of my vision, I saw the words DATA SAVED. Watching as the world around us fell away and a strange effect on the ground activate, I gasped when I felt the swords on my back and the armor enshrouding me push down on me.

"What... the... hell...?" I fell onto my stomach and looked up to see the man in his avatar. Sugou Dick-face.

"You!"

"Oh, do shut up you insolent PEST!" He kicked me aside and grabbed Peace and Harmony and stabbed them into my back, then did something to them so that they didn't budge.

What the hell?!

I couldn't bear to watch Asuna get defiled, and as such, I averted my eyes from the world.

-------------------------

Limbo...?

Why? Why is it now that I show defeat? Why, when Asuna is right there before me, am I unable to get up? Why? Is it because God spites me?

I laid there, in an empty void, contemplating my true strength.

Why is it like this? Is it because... I don't have any true power?

"Are you giving up?"

"..."

"Are you giving up?"