General of the Blazing Flame, I Presume?

Passing through Luguru without any more incident, we were gathered at an inn when I noticed the time.

Bolting to my feet, I got my equipment ready as fast as possible. "Crap! We gotta run! The meeting's happening soon!"

"Meeting?" Leafa eyed me with some suspicion. "What meeting?"

"Why, the one between the Sylphs and Cat Sith, that's what! Let's move!"

Leafa got up too slow, so I picked her up bridal-style (which made her face explode with red) and bolted out the door. Not caring for my guards, I sprinted through the various caverns with Cookie guiding me and Kirito on my tail. Leafa was trying to get away from me out of embarrassment during all this, but I simply held onto her tightly and steeled my will.

"Leafa, we're going to be flying at speeds neither of us has tried before, so hold on tight." The light at the end of the tunnel was growing closer while monsters spawned around us.

"I-I'll help too!" Leafa summoned her wings.

"Then help me by holding on tight. I'll do the flying." I got my wings ready.

Hearing her gulp, I felt something hot and squishy yet firm get pressed against my chest. Looking down, I saw it was her chest and as soon as I realized that, I looked immediately up and lept, my speed flinging both of us out of the cavern. Beating my wings at speeds I've never done before, it was all I could do to bite my lip and bear the pain.

"Eagle! Your lip! It's bleeding!"

"Least of our worries, Leafa! Look!"

She turned to see hundreds of red wings in the distance. "Oh no..."

Cookie poked her head out of my pocket. "We'll make contact in five minutes and ten seconds!"

"Salamanders?"

"Five minutes."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, remembering the last moments I spent with Kayaba... as his son.

---------------------------

"Eagle."

I looked up at the man who I had plunged my blade into. "Yes, Heathcliff?" Venom was in my words.

"Thank you... for showing me the power of the human will..." He placed his hand on the back of my head. "... My son..."

And with that, he shattered into data.

--------------------------

No! I refuse to let you die in futility, old man!

Screaming in defiance, I urged - nay, willed - my wings to go faster and carry Leafa and me to the aid of the Sylphs and Cat Sith.
"Leafa! Your wings! Now!"

"Right, but first!" She gave me a passionate kiss on the lips before summoning her wings. "For good luck!"

Leafa slowing down, I watched as I blew past her and slammed into the dirt before the two leaders, boots first. Standing up, I glared at the army.

"If you want to kill them, then you'll have to go through me! Eagle 'Heaven's Folly' Protectorate!"

The Salamander army halted at my declaration.

"Or, if you'd rather keep your lives, your leader better show himself, right now!"

I watched as General Eugene flew to the front of the army. "Who are you and why should I care about some fool in mid-level armor?"