Aftermath

While I was making groundbreaking changes in ALO, Kazuto fought Sugou in the hospital where Asuna was staying's parking lot. Thanks to our eye stabbing in ALO, Sugou's eyes were blurry, thus Kazuto's life was saved. When I freed the remaining SAO Survivors from my computer at home, I purposely let the police track me, so I didn't have to haul my ass over to the police station. After a long night of explaining, I was on my umpteenth cup of joe, working on a new version of the Cardinal System that was compatible with the Seed when I felt two soft, squishy things press against my back. Turning around, I was greeted by the lovely face of Suguha Kirigaya, the girl who I had met IRL, then in VR, then fell in love with in VR then fell in love IRL. I know, long story.

"How's it going?"

"Alright, I guess. Man, is it hard updating a self-learning AI but restraining it so that anyone can use it!"

"Huh?" She gazed at the mess of code sprawled about my various monitors, five in total, but I still have twenty more. Just need to find the space to put them.

Yawning, I handed her my mug. "Coffee, please. Creamer and uh, three small cubes of sugar."

Sugu laughed. "Sure thing, Mr. Bigshot!"

"Please don't call me that; Sugou called my father that before I owned him."

"Oh, sorry."

"It 'kay, ye deedeent know."

"Oh my god, how long have you been up?"

"Uh, ten days now?"

"Living off pure caffeine."

"Not just coffee. I had breakfast, lunch, dinner and a one hour nap... here and there."

Sugu simply shook her head and went to fetch my coffee. Thanking her for it when she gently slipped it into my hands, I resumed coding and she sat on my bed, watching me.

"Aaannnddd..... Done."

Tapping the last character, I sat back in my chair and let Cookie do a scan of my work.

"......... Wow, Daddy! This is incredible! If anything, it's better than Grandpa Heathcliff's coding!"

I slumped into my chair. "Yeah, okay, coolios. Sugu, Ima use you as a pillow."

"Wait, WHAT?!?!"

Getting out of my chair, I stumbled into her, causing the two of us to lay down on the bed. I rested my head on her wonderful pillow of a chest and I could feel her get fairly hot, but she didn't resist. Sliding up, I gave her a kiss on the lips (albeit sloppy from sleep deprivation) and fell asleep.

------------------------

Sugu's PoV:

I watched as my boyfriend, Cardinal Kayaba, rested peacefully on my chest.

Man, he's such a dork when it comes to coding. But, he does love VRMMOs as much as me, if not more.

"Mmmm. Alchemy..."

"Huh?" Is he sleep talking?

"The science of understanding, deconstructing and reconstructing matter. However..."

"Is he reciting the opening to some show?"

"... it is not an all-powerful art. If one wishes to obtain something, something of equal value must be given. This is the Law of Equivalent Exchange."

"Man, is he one heck of a sleep talker."

"In accordance with this law, there is a taboo amongst alchemists. Human transmutation is strictly forbidden, for what could equal the value of a human soul?"