To Surpass God

I was leaning against the railing of the Dome when I heard three pairs of footsteps come up. Opening my eyes, I saw Kirito, Leafa, and Recon. Smiling, I stood up and walked over to them.

"Alright, we're here."

Recon looked at Leafa. "Uh, why are we here?"

Leafa smirked. "Today, four players raid the World Tree. He's Player One," she pointed at Kirito. "He's Player Two," she pointed at me.

"Hey, why am I Player Two?"

"You're Player Three," she pointed at Recon. "And yours truly makes four!"

I drew my blades and closed my eyes, memories of my time fighting back-to-back with Heathcliff (who I knew was my father, he told me himself. I just had to wait until I was strong enough and someone with Dual Blades showed up) flashing past. Remembering the countless lives I saved with my two blades, I felt something awaken within me. Suddenly, I remembered my father's words before I dealt the final blow.

"You haven't truly mastered Holy Blades."

"The hell you talking about?!"

"The true power of the Holy Blades Skill will only awaken when the threads of destiny cross."

"SHUT UP!"

Opening my eyes, I gazed at my allies, their destinies sewn together with mine. "Guys..." I held out my gloved left hand, under which a tattoo of the KoB rested.

Leafa placed her hand on mine, Kirito on her's and Recon slid his and between Kirito's and Leafa's.

"Let's do this!"

--------------------

Inside the Tree

I was cutting aside any Guardian who dared opposed me as Leafa and Recon kept Kirito and I topped off. Coughing up a bit of virtual blood as a Guardian got a solid on me, Leafa panickly healed me and I caught myself.

"Thanks, Leafa!"

"Right!"

Bolting up, Kirito and I tried our hardest to cut through the ranks of the Guardians but they kept on coming. Holding off three with my two blades, I watched as one floated down in front of me.

"What, you want a piece of me too!?!"

Flipping mid-air, I kicked it in the face, killing it, and swiftly dispatched the three that were keeping me pinned. Looking up, I saw the guardians form an impenetrable wall.

"Damn it. Keep it up!"

In the corner of my eye, I noticed Recon steel his gaze and press the button on his Flight Controller, propelling him towards the enemy. Naturally, I worried for his sanity.

"Recon! The hell you doing? Get back to Leafa, she's getting surrounded!"

Recon ignored me, somewhat, and started drawing a lot of attention to himself. The wall still held, though.

"The hell! Do you have a death wish or somethin'?!" I killed all the Guardians around me and watched as Recon tossed his controller aside.

"You can say that. Boost my magic attack!"

"Wha-? I-." Sighing, I complied and boosted his magic capabilities, then gasped when I saw him start a dark magic spell. "Recon! What are you-?!"

"I don't really get what's going on, but I do get that this is more than a game now! So I'm buying you all time!"

He started his long chant as more and more Guardians targeted him and swarmed him. Realizing he was about to use Sacrifice, I dove down out of its boosted range and got ready to bolt.

"Kirito! Get ready! Recon's gunna give us the opening we need!"

"Right!"

Hearing the door rattle below us, I ignored it and watched as Recon went down in a massive blaze of glory, his usual Sacrifice boosted ten-fold. Dashing forwards, Kirito and I were met with a hastily made Guardian wall and as we fell, Leafa healed us as the lone healer. However, I began to doubt if we'd actually ever reach Asuna.

Asuna. You're the sun and I'm Icarus on his wax wings. No matter how hard I try, I'll never be able to reach you. Neither of us will.

"RAAAAAAGH!!!"

Hearing the battle cry of easily 100+ players, I looked down to see Spriggans, Undines, Cat Sith and Sylphs pouring into the arena, all shouting cries of defiance.

"Wha-?"

The leader of the Spriggans flew up to me and re-oriented me. "I chose you to be the ambassador for the Spriggan-Undyne alliance because you were the most resilient man I know. So you can't give up now!"

Sakuya pointed her fan at the enemy. "All forces! Ready!" All the Sylph warriors got their blades ready for some magic attack while the Spriggans got ready with their blades out before them, seemingly a form of challenge. "NOW!"

I watched in awe as the Guardians fell like flies. Just mere moments before did they seem unbeatable. Smirking, I held my blades at the ready.

I guess I can't give up yet, can I, old man?

Screaming at the top of my lungs, wordless magic enshrouded me and my blades in a form of white divine light and once it was done, I charged through the wall of Guardians with Kirito using both his and his sister's swords. Slamming into the door at the top of the Dome, we gasped.

We made it! But why isn't it opening?

"Daddy... It's locked... by an admin."

I glared at the door. "Heh. Real funny, Sugou! We'll get past this, mark my fucking words!"

Kirito pulled out some sort of card and using it, Yui unlocked the door and we were all teleported somewhere inhuman.