Prologue

"BROKEN FUCKING ARROW?! SOMEONE GET ME EYES ON THE GROUND RIGHT NOW."
Controlled chaos ensued at base as General Westmoreland barked orders around. It had only been the second day troops hit ground at Vietnam and Lt. Colonel Moore had already called broken-arrow, meaning an American troop is about to be overrun, requesting all air cover in the area.
Westmoreland pushed his way over to the receiver and ripped it out of the soldiers hand. His broad chest heaved with every heavy breath, and his square jaw clenched tightly.

"What in the sweet fuck is going on out there lieutenant!" Westmoreland yelled into the receiver, sweat dripping down his furrowed brow as the red emergency lights blinked along the control board. Static came through before screaming and gunshots rang through.

"BROKEN-ARROW!! BROKEN-ARR-" panicked screams sounded through the receiver before signal cut off abruptly.
"Shit!" Westmoreland yelled and slammed the receiver onto the ground, shattering it into pieces. He sighed heavily as he pinched the bridge of his nose.
"Has it gone through?" He barked.
"Yes, sir!" A communications officer reported back. 
"I'm not going to hear the end of this." Westmoreland groaned.

An IT messenger with large circle glasses busted through the door, out of breath, distress lining his pale face. 

"General. The president."

Westmoreland growled as he pushed the man out of the doorway. He immediately turned into a room full of computers and Army personnel rushing around the room. He was cautiously handed a phone.
"General."
"Yes, Mr. President."
"Operation Killjoy is ready to be engaged."
President Johnson's voice was cold, stale, short.. He didn't need to say more than what he said. He was a straight to the point kind of man. Westmoreland's face fell along with his heart.
"S-sir with all do respect, Agent Killjoy is unnecessa-"
"Did I stutter General or are you just hard of hearing?" Johnson snapped, cutting Westmoreland off.
Silence.
"Call her in."
Johnson hung up.
Westmoreland stood staring at the ground, the receiver still against his ear. He hesitated. Then his eyes hardened and his jaw clenched.

"Yes, sir."