🌼Chapter two🌼

🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈
Hey Everyone 💃

I hope you love this chapter 🦄
Oh and sorry for a few mistakes you might stumble upon while reading 😘

*Enjoy*
____________________________________

                           🌺

Looking at the time. She gasped when she noticed she was running out of time.
Quickly she grabbed a plastic cup  and poured water in it. She drank it all in one go and then placed the cup in the sink.
She made sure everything was okay in the apartment and when everything seemed fine, she walked out of the apartment.

As usual, she walked on her way to work. A cab was too expensive and out of her budget. It was an hour's walk to reach the cafe she worked at. Yes, it was quite a distance but, she was used to the long-distance, so she never complained.

A familiar scent of vanilla hit her nostrils as soon as she walked into the Cafe. A small smile formed on her lips as she looked around.
She liked working at the cafe.
It was her favourite job of all the six jobs she had. Mostly because she worked in the kitchen, where she had to bake all the orders requested by the customers.
She liked baking. It was her favourite thing to do. She even dreamed of opening her bakery in the future.
She made her way straight into the kitchen. Hanging her bag on one of the coat racks. She grabbed her apron and wore it.

A few hours later the Cafe was full of customers. Mia was head-on busy working.
She was tired and hungry but she knew too well the consequences of eating anything from the Cafe.
She wiped the small sweat beads on her forehead with the back of her hand.

She wanted to sleep, to at least sit down for just a few minutes but there was no one she could ask to take over her shift as a favour. None of the employees liked her. Some of them were supposed to work with her in the kitchen but they would always make up some kind an excuse to avoid working.
Mia never had the heart to confront them and not because she was afraid of them but she was just too naive to believe their excuses.

Sighing in exhaustion. She switched off the oven and walked towards the chair by the sink. She sat down and released a sigh of relief.
She leaned into the chair and closed her eyes.
" Just for two minutes," she told herself as she made herself comfortable on the chair. She opened her eyes and looked around, trying to see if anyone was around.
The coast was clear. She sighed and slowly closed her eyes. If she was lucky. She would maybe sleep for an hour. That was if there was no customer for the time being.

......

Mia's eyes fluttered open when she felt herself falling. She landed on the hard wooden floor.
" Do I pay you to sleep" a familiar angry voice boomed in the kitchen as she froze?
Gaining her composure. She immediately got up from the floor and faced her boss who had a hard scow on her face.

" A a am sorry...I was just ....am sorry" Mia said as she looked down not wanting to face her.

" A a am sorry" Ms Kruger mimicked  her as she glared at Mia.
" Your so useless you know that right. I don't even know why am still keeping you here. I should have fired you or maybe I should even fire you right now" Ms Kruger said.
The last sentence made Mia's eyes widen. She didn't want to lose her job. It was already hard for her to find all the six jobs she had. Wiping her face. She looked at her boss who had a disgusted look on her face.

" Am sorry...I didn't mean to fa....fa fall asleep. I promise it wa was want happening again" Mia begged as her boss scoffed.

Ms Kruger looked at Mia. She wasn't going to fire her but she liked seeing her so frustrated and worried. She knew Mia was a hard worker even though she never wanted to admit it to herself and nor would she ever tell her.
Mia was a hard worker of all her others workers. She was always on time and never was she late. She was reliable and responsible, something that non of her workers showed.
She would have given her a raise by now but that would have shown how she appreciated her good work.
Besides the Cafe was always filled with customers because of her baking.
Every day customers would come and request one of her specialities. That's why she couldn't fire her. She was the main source of income in her Cafe hence why she paid her well.

" Get back to work" was all Ms Kruger right before walking away.

Mia released a sigh of relief as she watched her boss walk away. The woman always scared her to death and would always pop out of nowhere like a ghost.

She got up from the chair and walked back to the oven. Looking at the time. Her shift was almost over therefore she started cleaning up the kitchen.

A few minutes later she was done cleaning. She grabbed her bag and walked out of the kitchen.
She went straight to Ms Kruger's office let her Know of her departure.
She knocked twice and heard her say to come in.

She slowly opened the door and walked in.
" Why are you here," Ms Kruger said as she saw her walking in.
" Am ...well am leaving?" Mia said.
Silence fell as she patiently waited for her boss's response as always.
Mia faced down as she waited for her response until Ms Kruger spoke.
" Here," Ms Kruger said.
Mia looked up at her. Ms Kruger's hand was holding a small envelope. She immediately recognized it as her paycheck.

Walking towards her desk. She was about to grab the envelope when Ms Crugar suddenly pulled her hand away, stopping Mia's hand Midway.

" I hope this is the last time I find you sleeping during work hours"
Ms Kruger said with one raised eyebrow.

Mia nodded." Yes ...I p p promise. I won't ever sleep again" Mia said.
Ms Kruger gave her the envelope and she took it and said thank you.

She walked out of the office and then headed towards the Cafe entrance, to her next job.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖🤯🤯🤯 another chapter down
I hope you all liked it even though it wasn't very
Interesting.
Plz, vote 💖
Comment 🤟
And share^_^