0.3

june 10, 1985
"oh jesus christ," dustin puffed. "i can deal with not playing d 'n' d this summer break, but i did not sign up to walk up a frickin hill in this frickin heat." he wiped his forehead.

"get over it, dustin!" lucas exclaimed, readjusting the bag on his shoulders.

"oh my god!" dustin shouted back. "leave me alone, lucas!"

"just shut up, the both of you!" max groaned, rolling her eyes. thank you, will thought. they were starting to get annoying.

"hey, mike! eleven!" dustin called down to the couple, walking slowly up the hill. "hurry up!"

"stop rushing the lovebirds." lucss rolled his eyes

"that's not an excuse for them to walk slow!" he shouted the last two words at them.

desperate for them to stop talking about the two teenagers in love, will changed the subject. "hey, there's the top!" he ran ahead of the rest of the teenagers to the top of the hill. behind him, he heard max challenge lucas and dustin to a race. he turned around to see max running towards him, while lucas and dustin were struggling to stand up from the ground. did they really tackle each other to the ground? he stifled a laugh. "what happened, max?"

"pushed each other over." she shrugged, standing beside him, glaring at the two boys, who were now arguing with each other. thought so. will's eye carried on further down the hill, where mike and el were walking slowly, holding hands and talking about who knows what.

"they're gross," max said suddenly, making lucas glance over and throw up his hands.

"max—what?" he asked, seemingly very confused.

"their pda. it's gross," she laughed, slapping his shoulder. "and don't think that you can get away with it just 'cause your my stalker," she teased.

"max!" lucas frowned, dustin glanced away from the couple, clearly still jealous.

"i'm just teasing you, stalker." she rolled her eyes and smiled at him. he smiled back, before turning back to argue about something dumb with dustin.

finally, mike and el reached them, looking happy. will wanted to frown, but he held it back. "took you guys long enough!" dustin exclaimed.

"my legs were sore," said eleven. "tired." me too. you aren't special.

"so, what did you guys bring to eat?" lucas asked, sitting down and taking his bag off his back. "'cause i sure as hell ain't sharing my food." he paused. "except maybe with max. maybe."

dustin rolled his eyes and sat down beside his friend, unzipping his own bag and pouring out the contents. bags upon bags of candy. "i've got the sweet stuff sorted. look! reese's pieces for will-" he threw a bag of candy to will. "-that sour candy shit that mike likes-" dustin tossed another bag towards the tall boy. "-chocolate for max-" a small box was thrown to her. "-and look! even eggos for el!" he unzipped another part of his bag and pulled out a box of eggos, tossing them to her. "go crazy!"

"hey! dipshit! what about me?" lucas slapped dustin's arm.

"i didn't go out of my way to get your favourite," dustin said sassily. "just pick whatever you want." he gestured to the bags on the ground. lucas gave him a hard glare before snatching a random bag up from the ground.

"how the hell did you even afford all of this?" mike asked, chewing on some of the sour candy dustin got for him.

dustin only folded his hands and said a simple, "i have my ways."

"ah." mike nodded, taking a seat beside will and offering his bag of candy to will. "sour gummy?"

"no, thanks," will declined politely. sour candy always made his tongue sore. "want one of mine?"

"sure." mike shrugged, reaching into the bag and taking a candy or two. "thanks."

"no problem." will felt his cheeks go a tiny bit pink. he's your best friend! stop being stupid! stupid, stupid, stupid!

from mike's right, el was glancing over at will, eyes slightly narrowed. he stared back at her, feeling confused. el raised an eyebrow in a bitchy sort of way and looked down at her box of eggos, and grabbed a hold of mike's hand, obviously doing that in front of will on purpose.

will looked up, seeing dustin looking at him, a small smirk on his lips. will furrowed his eyebrows, then remembered that dustin still thought that will liked eleven. i need to tell him that i don't like her 'anymore.'

will had never been a huge fan of el, something about her always bugged him. now, after seeing how she had just acted,

maybe she wasn't a big fan of will, either.

( AUTHORS NOTE! )
last prewritten chapter :)))
also this fic is already flopping we love that 🙈🙈🙈

 ( 23 april // 9:10am )