0.7

28 june, 1985 
ten past five. that's what the clock read in mike's room. mike had told will to sleep in his bed, and mike would sleep in a sleeping bag on the ground. will tried to decline, but mike refused to let will take the sleeping bag.

it was early morning — karen and ted weren't even awake yet. quiet snores were coming from beside the bed — mike, sleeping soundly on the ground.

will felt terrible. he'd barely slept, and he knew his mom would be worried about where he was. but he didn't know if lonnie was still there. his mom would never let him stay the night, right?

will sat up, not knowing what to do. he wanted to call his mom, see if she was okay. but he didn't want to wake up mike, nor mike's family.

but, apparently, will didn't have to move to have everyone wake up. after about ten minutes of awkwardly, silently sitting in bed, the door bell started going off non-stop. will heard mike waking up, groaning tiredly and stretching his arms. the hallway light turned on and will heard mike's dad mutter a frustrated, "who the hell comes around this early?"

"will?" mike whispered. will turned his head to look at his best friend, who was now sitting up.

"yeah?"

"do you think that could be your mom?" mike asked.

"what?"

"your mom doesn't know where you are, does she? it could be her looking for you," mike explained.

"what if it's lonnie?" will asked.

"would he go through this much effort to find you?" mike's voice was soft, laced with a slight grogginess from just waking up. a sweet sound, one will liked.

"i don't know... i mean, he did come all the way here to... i don't even know. argue with my mom? take me to the city?"

"i don't kn-" mike abruptly stopped talking as they heard ted raise his voice, angrily speaking to someone before the door harshly slammed shut.

ted walked upstairs, and will held his breath, expecting him to walk into mike's room and tell will that somebody was there to pick him up. but that never happened. karen's voice was heard. "who was that?"

will let out a sigh of relief at ted's answer, "just some drunk teenager trying to play a prank."

"false alarm, then." mike kept his voice quiet, letting out a small laugh afterwards.

"yeah." will managed a small smile, still feeling slightly shaken up.

false alarm.

( AUTHOR'S NOTE )
sorry this is so short,, no motivation !!! hahaha
anyway thank u for reading, i love u all

4:45pm — 26 july 2019