1.7

march 22, 1986
will and mike had been drifting further and further apart, and it was all because of stupid adelaide. it was like eleven and mike, version two, except much, much worse. will hardly saw mike after school anymore, hell, will hardly even saw mike at school!

will didn't see mike at all during the winter break. he spent christmas with his family, and then with adelaide. he spent new year's eve and new year's day with fucking adelaide. will didn't even get to see him on mike's birthday! he was with stupid fucking adelaide!

now it was will's birthday, and the whole party was at will's house. except for mike. obviously, will had invited his best friend, even though they'd been drifting apart, and mike said he'd come, but will's party started an hour ago, and he was starting to doubt that mike was going to show.

el was sitting beside will, an arm around his shoulder. the two of them had put their past distaste for each other aside and become quite good friends. "i am sure he will come soon," el said.

"i don't know." will shrugged.

"he'd be, like, a mega asshole if he didn't turn up to his best friend's birthday party," lucas muttered, clearly annoyed with his absent friend.

the party remained quiet for a few moments until they heard knocking on the front door. will jumped up and hurried to the front door, the party following closely behind him. will opened the door, revealing mike. and, for fucks sake, adelaide.

"h—" mike started.

"why are you here?" will interrupted, staring at adelaide, trying to keep his cool.

"um-" she was standing oddly stiffly, "-mike said i could come."

will turned to mike. "you thought you'd just... invite her? without asking me?" will clenched his fists at his sides, feeling extremely frustrated.

"i-i thought you'd be okay with it." mike smiled sheepishly. will watched him with an emotionless expression.

"why would i be okay with it?" will asked stiffly. he turned to adelaide. "i'm not even your fucking friend."

"will-" mike tried.

"jesus fucking christ! you just had to bring her with you because you can't spend two fucking seconds away from each other!" will snapped.

"hey, just calm dow-" adelaide cut in.

"shut up!" will yelled. "shut up!"

"hey!" mike pulled adelaide closer to him, his hand resting on her waist. "don't talk to her like that!"

"just go away," will seethed. "just leave."

"but you invited me," mike deadpanned.

"but i didn't invite her." will kept his eyes on mike. "if you can't spend three fucking hours without her, just leave."

"will-"

"you're uninvited. just go away, mike."

"why are you being such a dick?" mike asked.

"fuck you." will couldn't believe mike. he slammed the door in their faces, standing frozen for a few moments before he turned around to face his friends. they all held expressions that were a mix of sympathy and anger.

"are you okay, will?" el asked softly. will straightened out his shirt and nodded.

"yeah." his voice was shaky. "i'm fine." el stepped forward, wrapping her arms around him, hugging him tightly. max joined them, wrapping her arms around her two friends. soon enough, lucas and dustin had joined the hug. they all stood there, embracing each other.

"today was supposed to be my special day," will sniffled. "but mike just had to make it about himself and now it's ruined."

"hey," max said softly. "don't let him ruin your day. we can still have heaps of fun without him. we can all watch a movie and eat so much junk food and get fat without him. he's the one missing out, not you. how does that sound?"

will managed a little laugh. "yeah. let's do that."

the others cheered and everyone pulled away from the large group hug, racing each other to the living room to call dibs on the comfiest seats. will quickly followed after them. they all argued with each other about what movie they should watch before finally settling on the thing.

while will put the movie on, dustin and el went out to the kitchen in search of some junk food. will sat down on the armchair, watching the screen as the movie started playing.

"hey, dustin, el! hurry up the the snacks, the movie's starting!" lucas shouted. will heard dustin say shit! in the kitchen before dustin and el rushed back into the living room, carrying bags of chips and candy.

max was right. mike was the one missing out, not him.

author's note
heyooooo
this chapter is a filler ahhh but i have an idea for the next chapter which i am excited for !!
i probably won't update until next year :0 !! so i hope you all have a great new year's eve tomorrow !

not proofread !!

11:00am — 30 december 2019

hurt, ( byler )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें