08 | Day Log 🍃

I'm not gay.

"So since we're finished our short story project, we'll be beginning the final project for the class." The teacher started. "A novel."

I watched the back of his head from my spot in the back of the room.

"This novel will be approximately 100 pages with at least 6 chapters."

Like I said, I'm not gay.

"And you will be allowed to work in pairs."

He turned to look at me.

That sweet, toothy smile that made his eyes close.

Yeah, I'm not gay.

But he was making it hard not to be.

Really hard.

———

"I think we should write a love story." He babbled. "Or no! What about a horror story? Maybe even- no wait how about-"

"Jimin." I cut him off while placing my hands on his shoulders. "Let's get through the day before deciding what we're going to do."

We both looked at the clock on the wall.

The bell then rang.

"Alright, so!" He began once more.

All I did was shake my head and chuckle as he pulled me down the street from the school to the cafe.

School students filled the cafe as we went to our usual booth before taking a seat.

"So what do you wanna write about?" I asked as he smiled a huge one.

"Well," he began leaning forward. "I think we should analyze movies of different genres to help us pick a good genre to write about." He paused. "So I say you, me, my place, this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, I'll find movies for us, you bring the snacks."

"I-"

"And I've gotta go before you can reject me." He smiled standing. "So, yeah." He added awkwardly. "Bye."

He the walked off.

"Did he just-" I asked myself. "What even-"

I was bewildered at the boy.

———

"So you're going on a date?"

"My baby's going on a date?"

"No crazy chicks."

"Okay Dad, thank you." I replied.

"No problem son." He said as he squeezed my shoulder.

"Do you need to go buy more condoms?" My mom asked nonchalantly as she fully entered the kitchen.

All I was trying to do was wash the dishes while Tae put them away.

And I was being bombarded.

"No mom, it's fine." I cringed as I handed Tae a wet plate.

It was the last dish so I dried my hands and bee-lined from the kitchen—thankfully escaping from the disaster of a conversation.

I jogged up the stairs and entered my room before shutting the door and laying on my bed.

I pulled my phone from the back pocket of my jeans after feeling a buzz.

Jimin: My house. 2pm. Tomorrow.

———

© thatjuicykpop, 2019
All Rights Reserved