Washington Here We Come

A few weeks have passed since the battle of New York happen. Steve had decided to follow Nick and Natasha to Washington D.C. A fresh start and new beginning for him and Ramona. On their last night in New York, Tony decided to throw Steve a goodbye party. Steve wasn't to sure about the whole thing but was pressured into it thanks to Natasha and Tony. That night Steve said goodbye to his neighbor that was nice to him since the beginning with promises to visit when he can. Steve had his things pack along with Ramona small belongings, ready for the departure, Steve heard a honk before his phone started buzzing indicating that Natasha was outside. Ramona barked looking at the window spotting a car in front of her home, "Come on girl, let's go  party!" Steve said with a little shimmy. Ramona sneeze, then made her way to the door, she looked back to Steve with a dishpan look, "Too much huh, or am I just too cool for you." Steve said laughing and grabbing her leash hooking her up then walking to Natasha car.

Steve open the back door for Ramona, who jumped in twirling around so her head was out the window. "Hey, you guys ready?" Natasha said looking casual and ready to party. Steve got in the car with a smile, "Well, I didn't really have a choice, it was either at Tony's or a riot in front of my apartment." Steve said buckling up. Natasha zoomed out the parking space and down the street, Ramona was enjoying the fast pace, the wind in her face and all the smells that was invading her nose. Ramona let her tongue hang out from time to time, Steve was enjoy watching Ramona in the car. Natasha was also smiling at Ramona who had her head out on her side of the car, then the car went faster making Ramona tail wag, "Ok I think this is a little to fast." Steve said feeling nervous being around these daredevil women. "Come on fossil, I got this, it's ok." Natasha said raving the engine just for shits and giggles. Steve gave Natasha a look, making Natasha slow down the car. Ramona let out a grumble upset that her fun was over, she brought her head back inside the car giving Steve a kiss on his cheek, then laying her head on his shoulder. Steve rub Ramona head, "So are you ready for Washington?" Steve asked while looking at the scenery going by. "Yea, as ready as I can be, maybe when we are there we can find you a date." Natasha said with a smirk already having candidate in mind. "Oh no, come on Nat." Steve said with a groan, Ramona let out a bark licking Steve again, "No not you too, you're suppose to be on my side." Steve said with a defeated look. Steve and Natasha continue to have small talk while Ramona was enjoy the air from time to time, as Tony place came into view.

"Jarvis, let us in." Natasha said into the intercom, "Right away Ms. Romanoff and Mr. Rogers." The A.I. said opening the gates. Ramona stuck her head back out the window taking in the smells of the party. Steve and Natasha can hear the music blasting from outside, Natasha parked the car, "Come on Cap. let's say goodbye." Natasha said walking out and heading to the party. Steve looked to Ramona while grabbing her leash making her jump out the car. "Come on girl, this is for you too, maybe more for you then me since Tony is determine to make you his friend." Steve said walking to the door, ignoring the looks he was getting talking to a dog. Walking into the party everyone cheered, some coming up patting Steve on his back saying their farewells, others wanting to just hang around Captain America. Strangers wanted to pet Ramona, but of course she wasn't having any of it, hiding behind Steve growling from between his legs. Steve apologize to the people quickly moving away to where the others were at the bar. "Hey, Hey! you made it!" Tony yelled swaging his way to Steve and Ramona. "Hey Tony, hello everyone." Steve said with a smile. "Well now that everyone is here, it's time to PARTY!" Tony said handing Steve a drink then making his way to the dance floor with Pepper. Clint turned to Steve, "Well are you ready to get out there" Clint asked walking backwards, Steve just smiled, "Not quite yet, i'm going to hang around here first." Clint just nod making his way to Tony and Pepper dancing like fools.

Natasha and Bruce were enjoying themselves talking with one another, Steve was watching them with a smile, already seeing a little spark happening. Ramona was siting smelling all the people keeping a sharp eye on Tony, making sure he don't sneak anymore pets in. "I don't know about this girl, this is feeling a little overwhelming." Steve said petting Ramona on her head as she was looking around. Steve then smiled as a woman came over asking for a dance, "I'm sorry ma'am, i'm not much of a dancer." Steve said politely the woman just smiled saying she understood moving on to another. Ramona looked at Steve, "What, i'm not a dancer." Steve said laughing scratching Ramona under her chin. "Come on Cap, leave the dog alone and come enjoy your party." Natasha said grabbing Steve hand that had Ramona leash pulling him and Bruce to the dance floor so that everyone can enjoy their last night. Ramona just stayed where she was, while looking at everyone enjoying the music. Ramona then walked over to a much quieter part of the house looking out the window, she then sat down while sniffing the air that was around her. Surprisingly Tony was the one to walk out seeing the dog by the window acting like she was looking for something.

"Hey paint, what's cha doing over here?" Tony asked sitting down on one of his chairs taking a sip of his drink. Ramona ignored Tony for the most part, her nose was twitching every so often, Tony looked at the dog, he remember him and Cap talking about the past and who Ramona once belonged to. Tony knew that the dog didn't understand that her owner was dead and wasn't coming back to her, watching her looking for him was a sad sight. "Hey, I know that you may not understand, but your owner isn't coming back, death is a permanent thing. I feel crazy talking to you." Tony said taking another sip of his drink thinking about his own parents. Ramona look to Tony, she remember Steve saying something of the same thing a while back, she just refuse to believe, Bucky always came back, why would he not come back now. Ramona looked back out the window once again. Tony wasn't sure if the dog even knew what he was saying, "When my parents died, I felt lost, I didn't understand anything anymore. I always thought that I wouldn't miss my dad if he wasn't here, that changed quickly. I always thought they would return from every trip they take, when they didn't it caught me off guard." Tony said feeling emotions he tried to keep away. Ramona look to Tony feeling his emotions that was coming off of him, she then made her way to Tony licking his hand that was resting on his knee. Tony smiled petting Ramona, "I knew you loved me, women could never resist the Stark charm." Tony said with a cocky smile. Ramona then heard Steve walking over, she ran over to Steve almost making Tony spill his drink. "Cap, we really need to talk about timing." Tony said with a deadpan look. Steve just smiled sitting next to Tony.

"Sorry, she was looking like she needed rescuing." Steve said Ramona laid down by Steve feet looking out the window again. "Do you think she will ever stop looking for him?" Steve asked looking at Ramona, Tony just sigh, "No Cap, I don't think she ever will, but hey when you leave just remember I will always be there when you need me...maybe not I hate Washington." Tony said with a smile. Steve just laugh nodding his head, "Thanks Tony, for everything I know things between us haven't been the best at the start but-" Steve started before Tony raised his hand, "Water under the bridge." Tony said, "Just always remember, Washington isn't as exciting as New York, i'm here not there." Tony said with a rise of his glass. Steve only shook his head, Tony was still Tony. "I'll miss you Tony, i'm hoping this change will be good for us." Steve said petting Ramona on her back. "Cap didn't you not hear me, i'm here Washington will be horrible because i'm not there." Tony said, "It's not like we won't see each other again." Tony said, "I know when the world need our help we will be there to answer." Steve said with a stern voice that sounds almost like Fury. The two men shared a laugh, enjoying each other company. The rest of the group made their way over, the night was done, everyone was getting ready for the following day, Steve, Natasha, and Ramona made their way to the jet that will take them to Washington. Everyone waved goodbye to one another with guaranteed of seeing one another when duty calls.