1. "Bullet in a gun"

Song: Imagine Dragons - bullet in a gun.

It seems something so little, so unimportant. Having Two different eyes. But in this day and age, it's a sign of magic, power, it's a dangerous thing to have. People are arrested and out in camps almost daily. Given "treatment".  The government is secretly getting rid of every single one of them, but one girl can make a difference.

The past haunts her and the present tries to go against her.

(Because I know not everyone reads the description)

[NEW YORK - 2 YEARS AGO]

'Shit!' He curses as he just dropped the plate he was holding.The white stone shattering on the wooden floor. Flying in all directions.

Y/n startles awake. Her breathing going rapid in sheer panic. She's in a strangers house and she's not wearing her contact lenses.

Then Y/n notices that she's only able to look through her right eye. Her left one is covered. Then the pain hits her in all the body parts possible. She groans as she lifts the oversized shirt. She sees the bandage wrapped around her waist and the heavy bruising spreading over her whole body.

'Ow shit!' She groans.

She quickly hops up, regretting it already. The stranger walks in clutching his hand.

'Oh you're up, sorry I didn't mean to wake you, I accidentally dropped a plate...' he apologizes.

'Where am I?' She asks recoiling from him.

'You were left I the street, all beaten up, so I took you home and patched you up, I hope that's okay...' he gives her a smile, on she doesn't reciprocates.

'You're bleeding...let me help...' she reaches forward however,

'No no it's okay, you need rest anyway...' he shakes off her offer.

'No I'm okay, thanks to you, let me help...that's the least I can do...'

'You're not gonna kill me are you?' He jokes, earning a small giggle from her.

'If I wanted you dead I would've killed you already..' she replies.

He simply has no clue that it's not a joke, she is serious.

'So do you mind telling me what got you this beaten up?' The stranger asks as he pops some fries into his mouth.

Y/n scrunches her nose at him, how could he possibly eat this as the base for today?

'I honestly can't remember...' Y/n huffs.

'Good thing I found you then...I mean I saw you fight and it seemed like you were holding yourself up pretty well, but then you got socked in the jaw and I had to step in...'

'Why thank you kind Sir...' she chuckles as she puts some food in her mouth.

He laughs at her and she tries to contain her raging heartbeat, his laugh is contagious and just plain handsome. She won't ever get enough of that.

'Where did you learn how to fight like that?'

Oh no... what do I say now? can't tell him the truth, she thinks.

'My mom taught me...I guess to fight off douchebags...' she quickly makes up the lie and he seems to buy it.

'Well she did a good job then...you're really good...'

Y/n gives him a small smile and he returns the gesture.

'How can I possibly repay you?, I mean you took care of me...you let me crash on the couch with the chance that I could've been a serial killer...you taking me to a diner...how could I possibly repay you for this?'

'Well, I'm glad you aren't, and you don't have to repay me...'

'But I want to...let's say I pay for breakfast, and I take you for coffee tomorrow...if you're free of course..' she suggests

'It's a date- Deal I mean it's a deal...' She chuckles at him and a light blush spreads across his cheeks, it's barely noticeable, but y/n can see it.

'I do have one question, do you have my stuff still? like my clothes?'

'Yeah yeah, I do...' he nods, he wouldn't throw something like that out.

'Good because that Jacket...it belonged to my mom, it's the only thing I have from her so...you could say it's important...'

'I wouldn't throw away anything if it's not mine, I made that mistake with a friend once, it got me in a lot of trouble...'

'Really? what did you throw away if you don't mind me asking?' she asks curiously.

'I threw away his favorite shirt and he got so mad..' Steve explains and she bursts into laughter.

It's the sweetest sound Steve has ever heard. God he's already falling for this girl.

'I'm not saying that if you did throw away my jacket I would be dangerous, but I would blowtorch you..' she jokes and Steve laughs even harder.

'Jesus..' he comments and she just smiles at him. It's a shy smile which Steve finds absolutely adorable.

'My name is Y/n, but I get the confusion...' she smirks.

He reached out his hand and she takes it. 'Steve.. Steve Rogers...'

'Well it's nice to meet you, Steve...'

'Likewise, Y/n...'