Prologue

Merlin made his way back to Camelot after he left Arthur's body in the lake of Avalon, where he knew Freya would look after him till he was needed again. When he made it back Gwen wrapped her arms around him whilst they both cried for what they lost and for what could have been.

A month after his death the ban of magic was lifted, it was a slow process. Not nearly as many people had a problem with magic, some of the younger generations maybe but the older remembers a time when magic flourished and helped the kingdom. Gwen eventually made Merlin court sorcerer.

As years past Gwen and everyone around Merlin began to age. People became aware that Merlin never did, so to hide it he made a spell to appear as though he was naturally ageing along with everyone. The knights he called friends had started to die until it was only him and Guinevere. Soon after it was Gwen's turn to say goodbye.

Merlin decided he couldn't stay any longer now that the last of his friends were gone, there were too many memories here so he left. He traveled around Albion where he met 4 children( Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, Godric Gryffindor, and Salazar Slytherin) that helped heal his broken heart and brought joy and laughter again. He decided to head back to camelot with his adopted children. When they finally made it, it broke his heart to see it in ruins, so he rebuilt it and made it their home where he taught them magic and control. He decided since the old religion had begun it's decline that they needed something to channel their magic through.So when one of them turned eleven he presented them with his invention he called a wand.

As he watched them grow older he felt peaceful and he was grateful for however long it will last. So, when they brought up the idea to make a school for people with magic to learn in a safe environment he thought it was brilliant. As their dream came into fruition he became the first headmaster of what Godric called Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Soon the students began to notice that he had not died yet, so he told his children he had at leave.

After he left he erased his existence and help from Hogwarts from everyone and everything except his children's memories of him. He came back shortly after for each of their deaths and grieved like any father would. He made up a family tree that grew on it's own to make going through the centuries easier. He attended and taught many times over the years at Hogwarts being careful not to come back to often.

In 1981 Merlin felt the old religion cry out for him to watch over the Potter's child so he can complete his own destiny. So, that's what he did, little nudges here and there to help Harry along through the years just waiting till he could go to Hogwarts and away from his aunt and uncle. Now after having spent four years since Harry found out he was a wizard and can finally help Harry the way he wants to.