Breakfast at Hogwarts

Harry woke in a daze, barely remembering what he dreamed. His scar pricked enough to be uncomfortable but he ignored it as the after images from a strange door handle showed behind his eyelids. He felt like he had seen it before but couldn't place it. He showered and changed, the water taking any discomfort from his scar away for now. Ron was awake by the time Harry was dressed and he headed to the common room to wait for him with Hermione.

"What's the matter?" Hermione asked, just as he climbed down the last stair, "Seamus practically ran out of the tower this morning," Harry shrugged, he probably didn't want to be around him. He had seen Seamus already out the door by the time he awoke but didn't think much of it until he remembered what had happened the night before. He had been so angry at Seamus for not believing him. They had been friends for years, and though they weren't close, he thought at least he might believe someone he knew better than the bloody papers.

"Oh, for heaven's sake!" Hermione stormed, startling Harry as he made to follow after her. She stopped at the common room noticeboard.

GALLONS OF GALLEONS

Pocket money failing to keep pace with your outgoings?

Like to earn a little extra gold?

Contact Fred and George Weasley, Gryffindor common room,

for simple, part-time, virtually painless jobs.

(We regret that all work is undertaken at applicant's own risk.)

"They are the limit," said Hermione grimly, taking down the sign, which Fred and George had pinned up under a poster giving the date of the first Hogsmeade weekend, which was to be in October. "We'll have to talk to them, Ron."

Ron looked positively alarmed.

"Why?"

"Because we're prefects!" said Hermione, as they climbed out through the portrait hole. "It's up to us to stop this kind of thing!"

Ron said nothing, making Hermione stew more, practically stomping out of the portrait hole and to the Great Hall.

"Nice going, mate," Harry said, slapping Ron on the back, who looked even more glum then he had at the prospect of trying to stop his twin brothers from doing anything.

"Me and my big mouth," Ron grumbled and Harry had to laugh.

"More like lack thereof," walking off after Hermione, Ron sprinting to catch up.

They followed Hermione, slightly behind so she could let off steam without one of them getting in the crossfire. The Great Hall was sporting a rather grey and dreary sky, matching Harry's mood. Professor Grubbly-Plank sat in Hagrid's seat talking with Professor Sinistra, the astronomy teacher, and Harry didn't realize he could miss the half-giant so much.

"Dumbledore didn't even mention how long that Grubbly-Plank woman's staying," he said, as they made their way across to the Gryffindor table.

"Maybe..." said Hermione thoughtfully.

"What?" they both said.

"Well...maybe he didn't want to draw attention to Hagrid not being here."

"What d'you mean, draw attention to it?" said Ron, half-laughing. "How could we not notice?"

"Well, the ministry lady, Umbridge, wouldn't notice if he didn't say anything, for one," Hermione answered.

Ron would have responded but Angelia interrupted about quidditch and then Professor McGonagall, head of Gryffindor house, started handing out timetables.