𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

———✰———

The five kids were sitting on the bleachers in the gym Veronica's head resting on Mike's shoulder as he glanced between the door and his watch, before finally getting up and leaving to look outside for Nancy and Jonathan. A couple of minutes later he came walking back in.

"They're gone" he announced.

"What?" Veronica asked.

"Nancy and Jonathan. His car's gone" Mike told them.

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere" Dustin shrugged which made Veronica smirk as Mike looked disgusted.

"Gross" Lucas commented.

"No. No way!" Mike denied.

"Did they go with the chief?" Dustin asked.

"I don't know," Mike told them frustrated making Veronica drag him by the hand to sit next to her and calm down.

"No" El spoke up making them all turn to her as she sat up from lying on Veronica's lap.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?" Mike questioned.

"Yes," Eleven replied.

"Where? Where did they go?" Mike asked again.

"Demogorgon" El stated.

"Guys, Guys! This is crazy, we can't just wait around." Mike told the three as he, Lucas, Veronica and Dustin had a conversation away from the bleachers where El sat curled up in a ball.

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us" Lucas pointed out.

"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is" Dustin added.

"El can find them" Mike motioned to the girl behind him.

"Mike look at her" Veronica pointed out, sadly motioning to the girl who sat curled up on the bleachers.

"I still think we should stick to the chief's plan," Dustin told them.

"Exactly, we stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe. That's the most important thing. Remember? Besides, she's with Jonathan" Lucas reassured.

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so..." Dustin trailed off before he walked towards the kitchen.

"Well, where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike called.

"I am, I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, lunch lady Phyllis hoards that shit" Dustin called back.

"Are you serious?" Mike wondered.