i'll heal - natasha romanoff

(reader is meta - can transform into a wolf with increased strength and healing)

"Dropping in 5... 4... 3... 2..." was heard through the team's intercom via Hawkeye and with that you were suddenly dropped out of the sky from the cloaked Avenger's ship, free falling towards an enemy base. You found yourself falling out of ships more and more after joining the Avengers and it was seemingly a task you assume you'll never get used too. Falling out of the sky is a scary thing, yet wasn't anywhere near as scary as falling for Natasha, the person you cared most about. As you fell, nearing the ground, you couldn't help but think about her smile and how you'd do absolutely anything to protect her. This, as usual, gave you an empowering feeling that helped motivate you in your missions time and time again. Abruptly, your parachute had deployed to slow your descent as the snowy terrain grew closer and closer, the team following suit behind you. You quickly discarded your parachute by morphing into your wolf state and dashed towards the perimeter of the close-by base. Knowing your orders and the plan, you scouted the area while the rest of the group also discarded their parachutes and quietly followed your six. You whisper "there are groups of fully armed guards all around the building, if we stick to the plan we can sneak in and out with minimal detection". The group nodded and started preparing themselves before we headed into the building. Natasha walked over and crouched down next to you "who knew you were so dominant" she winked knowing it would cause a reaction from you. You playfully smacked her arm and tried to be stern in your voice "oi! keep your head in the game Romanoff". Your attempt at being serious faltered quickly as you started laughing "now look what you've made me do". Natasha, also laughing, replied back quickly "what? laugh?".
"no, well yes but no you've distracted me look" you glare at her while she flashes you a cheeky grin.

The mission was simple, or it was supposed to be. In and out, get the intel and leave. However, that was assuming that you could get in and out of the base undetected. With the base being quite substantial and protected with a large amount of heavily armed guards, nearly all the avengers were stationed outside in case the mission capsized and backup was needed.

Once everyone was prepared, you left the comfort of Natasha's presence and carefully made your way towards one of the back entrances of the building with Natasha, Wanda, and Steve following closely. The less people who ventured out into the actual base meant less of a chance of being spotted, so the small crew had a tough job locating the specific room where the intel was alone. As you wandered down the long narrow corridors you took out several guards until Steve silently pointed out a suspicious looking room. Entering, it was immediately apparent that this was indeed the room we were after. Hurriedly, we sifted through hundreds of files trying to locate a mission report from 1991. "got it" Wanda spoke, revealing a dusty file labelled '1991'. Natasha moved towards the door to leave until a siren started blaring loudly with red flashing lights. "shit" you curse, earning a "language!" from Steve. As a worried "run" escaped Natasha's lips, the entrance to the room slammed open revealing a hoard of men equipped to kill flooding in. The four of us took on several men each, knocking them out and skilfully disarming each guard. Bullets were fired from some of the guards trying their best to stop us, all unsuccessful until the very last guard shot a long powerful bullet which headed straight towards your chest. Steve, unknowingly, ordered the team to run while requesting back up from the team mates outside of the base. Wanda and Natasha both turned towards you expecting that you would lead them out the same as you lead them in. Usually a bullet would pass straight through your arm or another body part and it would heal quickly, not stopping your momentum however this bullet, remained stuck in your chest disabling you from healing. You fell to the floor with a thud looking Natasha in the eye all the way down. "Y/N? Y/N!?" Natasha screamed seeing you fall and sprinting back towards you. If this was anyone else she would have known immediately exactly what to do. If this was anyone else she'd have already picked you up and ran. If this was anyone else Natasha would follow her years of expert training and know you would be fine once at a med bay. But you weren't just anyone. You were Y/N and Natasha was paralysed with fear. "pick her up, we need to go. now!" Wanda yelled which snapped Natasha out of her daze, the adrenaline immediately kicking in. By now your eyes were almost closed, you'd lost a lot of blood. Seeing Natasha struggling you muster up all your remaining energy and whisper a small "hey... just carry me.. i'll heal... i love you" and with that Natasha grabbed under your knees and behind your head then dashed with Wanda and a very shocked Steve back through the same route you had entered previously. Once Natasha had left the building and was running towards the walls of the base, she saw some other team mates in mid combat with enemy soldiers and shouted "could i get some cover here! we got a man down". Wanda, still behind you, helped instantly - creating a protective force field around you and Natasha. Your eyes finally gave in to darkness, all sounds becoming more and more distant. All there was was black.

You quickly opened your eyes after regaining consciousness, terrified. "hey hey hey, calm down! it's me, Natasha" you look to your left to see a clearly tired girlfriend. Your breathing slowed down realising the white room you were in was a hospital and that you were safe, alive and most importantly, with Natasha. "what happened?" you croaked out, now slightly more relaxed as Natasha reaches out to hold your hand. "you got shot, you couldn't heal because the bullet was still inside you but look" she said pointing towards some beeping monitors "you've basically healed already". You reciprocated the soft smile she gave you and smugly announced "I told you I would and by the way, I blame you for distracting me". She shook her head knowing you were back to your normal self, already cracking jokes. Natasha laughed but frowned soon after "don't ever do that to me again Y/L/N, I thought I was gonna lose you". You looked down feeling bad for making Natasha worry even though you knew you didn't do it on purpose "I love you Natasha, never forget it". She smiled once again leaning in for a passionate kiss that left you breathless
"I love you too Y/N"