finally home - natasha romanoff

The feeling of the warm sun on your skin was what pulled you out of your peaceful sleep. You smiled when you felt Natasha's fingertips brush against your stomach; a reminder that she was finally home.

She just finished up a really long undercover mission yesterday and finally got home late last night with the addition of plenty of cuts and bruises. It's been several months since you've been able to have these moments with her - where you wake up to her just holding you, the feeling of her fingertips drawing lazy circles on your skin. It was as though you finally felt at peace. Despite talking to Natasha whenever you could over the phone, you never really felt whole without her there with you.

"Morning." Natasha mumbled against your neck making you giggle, her warm breath fanning across your skin. "Good morning." You turned over and stared at her and it didn't take long for Natasha to open only one of her eyes and her eyes crinkled just a little as a wide smile spread across her lips. "You're staring at me." You shook your head and kissed her nose. "Nope, just admiring you. I'm happy to have you home with me." Natasha sighed and stretched out her legs before pulling you into her arms and rolling you over on top of her. "I'm happy to be home, beautiful girl."

She kissed your head and you closed your eyes, focusing on the soothing sound of her heartbeat. "I missed you" you muttered and Natasha started to stroke your back. "I missed you so much more." You laid in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying being back in each other's arms, until an idea popped in your head. "Breakfast?" Natasha sighed and shook her head. "Maybe in a while. For now, just stay here with me."

You felt her arms tighten around your back and her lips brush against your forehead making your eyes flutter closed. Just a few minutes later and you were both sound asleep once again, comfortably wrapped up in each other. Everything else could wait, for now you just wanted to be together after being apart for too long.

Wow can't believe i've actually updated for once. Want to say thanks for 50k reads, means a lot ❤️