first day - kara danvers

The dreaded sound of my alarm woke me up from a blissful slumber. I rolled my eyes seeing how early it was "Why did I take this damn job?". Removing the sheets, i got up out of bed and walked towards the kitchen, already longing for my bed. Groaning, i flicked the coffee machine on, waiting for what seemed like hours for that liquid energy to pour from the spout. After letting it cool a little i gave myself some time to adjust to the early morning sun and start to wake up before i went to go get ready. I wore my usual professional attire wanting to make a good first impression on my new boss and co workers. Slipping on my shoes, i grabbed my keys and bag then set off on what will become my daily walk to work.

Once I got to the address i'd wrote down on my wrist I instantaneously knew from the gigantic Catco sign on the colossal building before me that i was in the right place. I slowly approached the building, turning shy, and looked for a help desk. To my surprise, an unbelievably cute blonde girl looked at me and said
"Y/N Y/L/N?"
"erm, yes! hi, that's me haha"
"hi! i'm Kara nice to meet you, Miss Grant sent me down to show you the way up"
I held out my hand with a "Kara, nice to meet you" but was shocked to see that i'd been engulfed by a hug. If this were anyone else i'd feel so uncomfortable right now but something about this girl Kara made me feel safe. Plus, she had the warmest smile you'd ever seen and i couldn't say no to her adorable face, not that she'd even asked.
"Right this way Miss Y/L/N"
"thank you... you can just call me Y/N though" i laughed a little not used to being called by my surname or anything professional which she smiled gleefully too. We both stepped inside a fancy elevator as she pressed a button to the 17th floor. Kara turned to face me and asked "so what's your job here?"
"i'm Miss Grant's new second assistant"
"oh really?! that means you'll be stationed right next to me, i'm her first assistant"
I smiled, glad that i'd be working with at least one person who seems to be genuinely nice to be around.
"this is us" Kara lead as she stepped out of the elevator and into an already hectic workplace.
"aaaand this is Winn! who's desk is right next to yours"
"Hi nice to meet you Winn, i'm Y/N"
"no the pleasures mine"
"hate to break this up but Miss Grant will probably want to speak to you and i wouldn't want to be late" Kara motioned towards a large glass office and you reluctantly entered.

Miss Grant discharged me from her office and i sat down at my new desk ready to get to work planning an event that Miss Grant was hosting next month. I looked to my right to see Kara had gone and jumped when she appeared behind me with 3 cups of coffee in her hands. She gave one to Winn and placed one on her own desk before timidly walking up to mine.
"i wasn't sure what you like so i just got you something plain and simple"
"wow thank you Kara and no that's fine, thanks for grabbing me one"
"ok well i'm actually leaving for the rest of the day running errands but i'll see you tomorrow?" Kara asked more than stated.
"yeah of course! well i work here now so..." Kara hit her head playfully "oh yeah, duh, well anyways i'll see you both later". With that Kara scurried over to the elevator once again blushing slightly.

Some time had passed and i picked up my coffee but stopped when i noticed some writing on the cup. It read 'my number - call me' and a series of numbers followed by a smiley face. I shook my head with a small laugh now understanding why Kara seemed slightly nervous and in a hurry. I repeated the numbers into my phone making a mental note to call once i got home.
Today was already becoming a great first day.