Chapter 3

It was now mid afternoon, a certain raven haired Princess was out on the training ground with a bow and arrow in hand, her eyes narrowed on her moving target, which happened to be a nervous Kara running up the field with a padded shield in her back.

"You're meant to be moving side-to-side, not running straight!" The Princess yelled as she pulled her arm back aiming the arrow towards the shield on the blonde's back. She quickly released the arrow and it hit right in the middle of the shield, the force causing Kara to fall forward into the mud.

Lena walked up to Kara, who was lying in the mud trying to catch her breath back, "It's hard when this thing is so heavy." Kara snapped back as she scowled at the smirking woman the stood above her, Kara noticed the Princess was holding in a laugh, "What's so funny M'lady?" She asked in a mocking tone through gritted teeth.

Lena raised her hand to her pale cheek, "It would seem you've got a little something on your face there." She said as her smirk only grew as Kara lifted her own hand to her cheek, to find it was covered in mud, "Do you need a towel?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

The blonde pulled the shields straps off her shoulders and stood up, "Yes." She answered with a sigh as she brushed off any other mud from her clothes.

"Good, so do I. Go fetch them." Lena said with a smirk and a laugh as she walked back towards the other knights that stood at the other end of the field.

Begrudgingly Kara pulled herself off the ground heading towards armery tent as she threw the dark haired princess a scowl.

As she entered the tent she was met with an amused smile, "Having fun are we?" Jess asked as while wringing out a cloth and handing it to the younger Danvers.

Kara rolled her eyes, "Why is she so arrogant?" The blonde asked as she sat down on a stool, running the moist cloth over her muddy face.

Jess was continuing to fiddle with random bits of the Princess's clothes, "She really isn't once you get to know her, she means well." Jess answered as she took the now mud covered cloth and rinse the mud out.

Kara scoffed, "She's a spoilt, narcissistic, arrogant ass-" Kara began to say in frustration but before she was finished she was cut off by someone clearing their throat.

Jess raised her eyebrows and as Kara wore a look of confusion before she turned around to be faced with a not so amused Lena, "I'm a spoilt, narcissistic, arrogant what?" She asked in a slightly angry tone as she set her bow down and crossed her arms.

Kara adjusted her glasses as her face turned a darks shade of pink, "I-I didn't mean to- I mean I wasn't." Kara stuttered but nothing coherent was coming out.

The Princess stepped in front of the blonde girl, a stern expression on her face, arms still crossed, "I'm glad you think so highly of me, Kara." she said sarcastically looking down at the other girl, "Jess would you be ever so kind in giving Kara and I a moment alone?" Lena asked as she looked her other maids way.

"Of course M'Lady." She answered before swiftly exciting the tent.

Once the pair were left alone Lena started unbuckle her vambrace and set them on the table, gesturing for the younger girl to sit down again, "So you think I'm narcissistic, arrogant and spoilt?" Lena asked, her emerald eye burning holes into Kara as she avoided Lena's gaze.

Kara, a nervous habit Lena was being to pick up on, adjusted her glasses as she finally looked up at the young Princess, "Well, no you see I-I was just..." Kara began to say but as soon as her eyes locked on those piercing emerald ones she lost all train of thought.

Lena's eyebrow arched, "Look I know I'm attractive but I really much leave you speechless." Lena said with a smile as she sat down on a stool and began taking off her greaves.