Chapter 5

Kara was pacing up and down the cottage as she nibbled on her thumb nail, "Alex, how do you know if someone likes you?" The blonde asked as she looked over at the physician, who was placing different bottles into her medical bag.

The brunette furrowed her eyebrows, "Do you like someone?" Alex asked as she eyed up the blonde that was now standing still in front of her.

Kara fixed her glasses up her nose, "No." She answered rather hastily, "I just want to know how you know when someone is you know flirting with you." She finished as her face was turning slightly red.

Alex's smile grew, "I know when your lying to me, who do you like? Is Lena's other maid, Jess? She's not that bad looking but-" She asked her voice raising in excitement at the prospect of the younger blonde putting herself out there.

Kara shook her head cutting the Physician off, "No, I mean she's nice but no and I don't like anyone I was just asking for...future reference." The blonde answered with a shrug.

"If you say so, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think your going to be late." Alex said as she walked out of the cottage, followed quickly by Kara.

===

Kara quickly rushed into the Princess's chambers, "I'm so sorry M'Lady, I was just-" but she was quickly cut off at the view she was met with, Lena sat in a hot and steamy bath, "I'm sorry I should have knocked." She apologised as she quickly covered her eyes.

She heard a splashing of he water before she felt damp hands on hers, "It's not a bother, it's nothing you haven't seen before." She said as she lowered the blonde's hands.

Kara now noticed Lena was wrapped in a robe with a smirk plastered on her lips, "I-i just meant that it was rude that I barged in." Kara said as she swallowed a large lump in her throat.

The Princess was still in close proximity, "Do I make you nervous Kara?" She asked she took a lock of the blonde's hair in her fingers.

Kara bit her lip, "N-no of course not M'Lady." She said as she avoided the Princess's gaze and fixed her glasses.

Lena leaned in to Kara's ear, "I have to say you are rather attractive when you're flustered." She said as her soft plump lips brushed against the shell of Kara's ear before walking behind the screen.

Kara eyes widened, "I'll go get your breakfast." The Blonde said quickly before rushing out of the room and towards the kitchen, trying to compose herself.

===

"Lena do you really have to compete today? What's Mon-El going to think if he is beaten by the woman in which he is supposed to marry?" Lillian said as she paced up and down the Camelot tent, all the while Kara was buckling the Princess into her armour.

The Princess scoffed, "Mother I've already told you, I'm not marrying Mon-El even if it is for the good of Camelot," she answered as she lifted her arm to give the maid more access, "And I have also ready to you that I'm far from interested in marrying a man." Lena sat down, pursing her lips while looking to the ground in anger.

The Queen sat beside her, "Lena, dear, I know you don't want to marry a man but being future Queen means you need to make the right decisions and having Daxam as a close ally would be an amazing asset to Camelot." She said as she took Lena's hand in hers, "And besides Daxam has just as much conflict with Krypton as we do. It could really help, just think of your brother. That's all I ask." She finished before getting up and leaving the tent.

The blonde now stood in the back of the tent, dumbfounded by what the Queen had just said. She new that Camelot and Krypton had conflict from time-to-time but what Lillian was suggesting was something more than just a petty squabble between kingdoms.