Blood Caked

Last Time:

Dog opened his eyes as Crow yelled ... he looked up in a daze and his blood ran cold ... Bat was hanging from the scythe with the sickle shaped blade going straight through his back and jutting out of his stomach.

XXXXXXXXXX

"Come on you idiot, breathe!" Tsunade gasped as she thrust her hands into her former teammate's chest.

Kabuto waited and waited for any sign of life ... and then ... a pulse! "I have a pulse!" A split second later Orochimaru gasped for air.

Tsunade sighed in relief, "Shizune, send the signal!"

"Got it, Lady Tsunade!" Shizune bolted down the secret passage and once she was outside she released a flare into the sky. It looked like a regular red emergency flare, but with white flecks mixed into the red sparks ... and with an extra loud crackle for feeling ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Hidan smirked, "Stupid shit." He twisted his wrist and let the anbu commander hit the ground ...

"BAT!" Despite the intense pain from the gash in his leg Dog tried to dash forward and kill Hidan, but Crow grabbed him ...

"You can't go, Dog. You're still connected through the curse. If you try to kill him you will only kill yourself." Crow hissed as he gripped the silver haired anbu's shoulders in a desperate attempt to keep Dog from doing something really stupid, but it might not matter for Hidan lifted his blood splattered blade to try to finish off Dog ...

"Now to finish this shit!" The Akatsuki member smirked.

Bat coughed up some blood, "I won't let you." He made a hand sign. "Wind style: Cyclone!"

"What the fuck?!" Hidan screamed as he was swept up in a tornado and blown off the mark he was standing on ...

*pop* The sound of a flare went off in the distance ... it was the signal!

The commander clutched his open wound, "His hearts are behind the masks. Seal Hidan now!" With those commands everything changed ... Snake suddenly jumped up and stabbed one mask ...

Kakuzu screamed in pain, but then felt several sharp things hit him from behind and impaling his hearts, "Orochimaru ... you traitor." He gurgled on his own blood. Kakuzu dropped to the ground. If he lived long enough he would've seen that it was Itachi who hit him from behind with multiple kunais and that Orochimaru was really Jiraiya who took off after Hidan.

Dog and Crow moved over to their commander, "Bat, are you alright?" asked a very worried Dog.

"Yes I'll be fine. Crow go destroy that symbol Hidan was standing on before he gets back on it and uses Dog as a hostage!" Bat ordered. Crow nodded and used an earth jutsu to break up and bury the symbol ...

A furious Hidan came back out of the forest completely unaware of the events that happened, "I'm going to fucking kill all you fuckers! Come on, Kakuzu-" Hidan paled at the sight of his partner lying in a bloody mess on the ground. The first thing that came to his mind was to get back to his mark. He took only two steps before realizing his mark and his last chance was gone ...

The scythe wielding Akatsuki member flinched at the sound of cracking behind him ... he turned and saw Jiraiya cracking his knuckles, "I'm going to make you pay for what you did to Bat." growled the clearly pissed off toad sage. Hidan immediately raised his scythe and prepared to fight ...

Itachi raced forward and dodged a couple slashes from the curved blade. The Uchiha managed to get close enough to grab the scythe and send the weapon flying. Before Hidan had a chance to react Jiraiya flipped through several hand signs and slammed it into the scythe user's back. Hidan screamed as his body dissolved into ashes ...