The Encounter

Last Time:

"Then go get him." Obito huffed and Zetsu left. Obito smirked as he walked over to three coffins marked with the Leaf symbol. "I'll start with you." He laughed as he began a set of seals ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Jiraiya frowned as a seal on his left wrist began glowing red and raced towards the hokage's office, "The hot body- shit ... I mean cadaver has been taken!" The toad sage exclaimed earning a whack from Dragon who he didn't notice until it was too late.

"Wonderful ... every available anbu and even Zabuza will be brought in." Sarutobi frowned seriously. "Is the transport seal ready?"

"Yes, Bat and I finished late last night. He should be fully rested and ready to fight as well. There's an alert seal on Bat too so he should be on his way to the room where we put the seal." said Jiraiya.

Sarutobi nodded, "Good, we'll need everyone ... Orochimaru ... this situation is serious, but no matter what happens I made sure to wipe your file clean of all your crimes and reinstate you as a leaf shinobi."

"Thank you." Dragon exclaimed with gratitude filling his voice. Jiraiya smiled and hugged the 'anbu' close.

XXXXXXXXXX

Kakashi's eyes fluttered open and he shifted in his sheets so he could cuddle with the sleeping blonde in bed next to him. He gently brushed the golden strands of hair out of Naruto's face and continued watching his lover sleep. At the moment everything seemed so surreal. He wanted to stay there and ignore the fact that there was a possible world ending war caused by his foolish former teammate.

The sight of the blonde's lips twitching told him that Naruto had woken up and he couldn't help but smile as the blue eyes looked at him. It amazed him even today that those beautiful blue eyes were blind. Kyubi was responsible for that appearance and did so to protect Naruto. The very thought of people finding out that Naruto was deaf and blind as a child was scary. What could have happened?

"Morning." Naruto said with a soft smile as he leaned in and kissed the jonin softly. "Everything ok?" The commander asked as he felt his lover's vibes twitch in an odd nervous, but excited way. What was on Kakashi's mind?

"Yes ... I want to give you something ..." Kakashi hesitated for a moment before getting out of bed and went searching through the dresser drawers for something. Naruto sat up to watch his love with curious eyes. The silver haired ninja smiled and returned to the bed. "Now you don't need to say anything if you don't want to, but ... I wanted to give this in case anything should happen ... no regrets."

Naruto could tell the object in his lover's shaking hands was a box. Something about this situation made Naruto's heart race, "Oh Kakashi!" The blonde gasped as the box was opened and Kakashi pulled out a ring shaped item.

"I just ... I love you and I wanted you to have this ring. We don't need to do anything if you don't want-" Kakashi didn't get a chance to say any more. Naruto leaned up and captured his lips in a passionate kiss. After several long moments they finally parted for some much needed air. "Does ... that ... mean ... yes?" A flushed Kakashi panted breathlessly.

"Yes, I will marry you, you fool. We can get the old man to do it when we get back." Naruto exclaimed happily and laughed as Kakashi pushed him back on the bed and kissed the blonde. Kakashi has never been so happy. Both ninjas knew there was a chance they couldn't come back, but neither of them were going to say 'if'. They refused to imagine what would happen if one of them died in the following war, "It's perfect." The blonde smiled as he slipped it on his finger. The ring had no diamond, but intricate carvings so he could feel them.