Chapter 6

" Holly, get up we are going to be late!"

Holly groaned" just five more minutes please mother?"

" No, you lazy girl, we are going to be late for the dress makers if you don't get up and ready yourself."

Holly sit up in the bed as she remembered that they were staying in the town house that her father rented for the season. Lindsay and her family were right across the street, they would be seeing each other everyday. Holly climbed out of the comfortable bed and went to the wash room. She relieved herself and washed herself. Her maid Rebecca came in to help her dress, she picked out a day dress that complimented her hair. 

She styled her hair in the latest fashion, Holly stood up and looked back at her reflection. The person staring back at her was not her, it was some stranger. She looked like a debutante that was ready for her first season. Life here in London was so different, everyone went in a fast pace. She didin't know how she was going to compete for a husband with all of this season's debutante's? 

Holly would often think about the one evening that haunted her dreams every night. William, it was clearly he didn't want her. The word on the street he was seen with the belle of the ball. A Ms. Clarissa Townsend, daughter to the Marquess of Townsend. He was seen at various functions with her on his arm. She was suppose to be the most sought after debutante this season. She was reported to be the most stunning beauty anyone had seen for a long time. 

Lindsay and her mother were waiting for Holly and her mother in the carriage. They were getting new dresses for all of the balls and functions they already invited to. It was going to be a fight for the gentlemen. Their mothers were going to dress them in the best made fashions. The dress maker they were going to see was the exclusive Madame Henry's, she made custom gowns to fit the beauty of the girl who wore it.

The girls were excited, they couldn't wait to go to their first ball. It was at Almack's, they always gave the first ball of the season. Even though there had already been several dances, but none compared to Almacks. The season started a couple of weeks ago in the first part of January, it was chilly out . Holly loved this time of year, the snow that was always falling was beautiful. She hadn't seen Will since he kissed her and left her standing in the maze. She didn't want to see him, he held the key to her heart. Just hearing about this Clarissa, who has claimed his heart broke hers.

Lindsay knew that something had happened that night, but Holly wouldn't tell her what did happen. She could see her friend hurting, her brother was so stupid to let someone so beautiful as Holly was slip through his fingers. He would live to regret it, Especially when he finds out that Clarissa is rumored to be a very spoiled brat.

They pulled up to the dress maker's door and rang the bell to be let in the door. Not everyone got accepted into her shop. Only people she wanted to dress, their appointment was to see if they met with her qualifications. As they were shown to the sitting room, they were served with refreshments.

" The madame will be here in a few minutes."

They waited for an hour before the famous dress maker made her appearance. While they were waiting they were talking about the famous Clarissa. Anna smiled" well it seems my only unmarried son has found a lady he is interested in."