Chapter 14

Holly stormed up the stairs, how could he think that she would go along with this ruse? She wanted love not a marriage of convinces. She stomped her foot harder onto the floor, pain shot across her foot. She hopped on one foot, dancing as she grabbed her stinging foot.

Holly was in love with William, but he wasn't in love with her. She had to figure this out, what could she do to make him fall in love? Then she wouldn't have say no and they could get married and live happily ever after right? This was going to be really interesting to see if he was even going to try to change her mind. Holly smirked" Let the games begin." 

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

William sat in his study, he was sitting in his high backed chair before the fireplace. He was reading poetry, he just couldn't see why the ladies read it all the time. He closed it and sat it down, he was never going to going to remember any of it. He could do this, he just had to find out her weaknesses. He could work on winning her over, he just needed information.

He knew who would tell him, Lindsay! She would help him with some of the information he needed, the rest he would have to get from Holly herself. Now that was going to be fun, or so he hoped it was going to be. He liked a challenge, and he knew that he was going to have one on his hands when it came to Holly. He better get started, he didn't want to give her a moments peace. By the time he was done, Holly was going to be so in love with him. He was so sure of himself, he immediately grabbed his coat and headed to the nearest florist.

After he purchased two dozen long stem roses, a box of chocolate bon bons, and a little puppy dog. He went to have a delivery boy deliver the goods with a note. He couldn't wait to see her face cause one the note was only one word, " Love." When she would read the note, she would be so agitated but would know who it was from. He then went to a trinket store, inside he found a necklace with a diamond brooch. He knew that she would like it, and found a trinket box to go with it. He was going to send it next with another note. He waited around the corner as he watched his first gifts were being delivered. The boy came running back across the street and was looking for him. William patted the lad's head" well did she take the gifts?" 

" Yes sir, the Lady did and she read the note and wanted to know who sent that stuff."

William looked at him" did you tell her it was me?"

" No sir, I told her that some gentleman paid me to deliver it."

William looked at the townhouse that held Holly in it, " did she ask for a name?"

" No sir, but she looked excited about the pup sir."

" Good then my intentions are known, here is the next delivery. Be careful she is going to corner you into telling  her who it is."

" She won't catch me sir, I am fast and I will return quick as my legs can get out of there."

This time the note read only one word" Lives." William was going to the dress shop and would pick up some gloves and hair ribbons maybe a new bonnet. He was going to overwhelm her with gifts, she wouldn't have a chance to object to them. Or so he hoped, by the time he was done with this game he would move onto something else.

He waited for the boy to come back, sure enough he came running and made it to the shadows.Holly came out of the door and looked both ways  Then she turned around and went back into the house, William smiled. So she thought she was going to find out who was sending all of those gifts? Well she was going to find out when the time was right.This was to much fun, he sent over the next items and a note with one single word" Here."

Again and again, he sent things to her to fill her room. With a one word note, that would make into a sentence It would spell out "Your love lives here in my heart forever". He knew how to be romantic, he had great teachers his parents. They were lucky to have each other and they loved each other with so much passion. He should have listened when they told him that a marriage needs love. But he didn't and now he was in a mess. He was going to win Holly's heart if it killed him, hopefully it didn't come down to that. 

William smiled as he watched his sister come running towards him," Wills I think you have gotten to her."

" Already? that was record setting and exactly how do you know that she is falling for me."

Lindsay laughed, " Wow you are pretty stupid especially when it comes to girls, Holly has been in love with you for a very long time.'

William stopped in mid stride to look at his sister," What did you just say?"

" I said that Holly loves you, and that she is really thinking about caving in and letting you marry her."

" Wait a second here, I want to do more of the fighting so when we make up it will be worth it."

Lindsay laughed" I will go change her mind, just for you my big brother."

William shouted at her" just don't do it so well that she changes her mind all together."

Lindsay laughed all the way to the front door, William shook his head. Holly really loves him and has for a very long time. He was so happy, he wanted to get her the best gift he could get for her. What that was he didn't exactly know yet, but he would find something.